Thankyou,rcl upgrade fairy'''''

We were on the independence of the seas 6 night cruise jan 18th.. Had a wonderful cruise.. I enjoyed it so much ,that when we got home we booked the indy for her 8 day cruise sailing this saturday.. We booked a balcony cabin on deck 8.. Well, this evening we received a phone call from rc.. They said that they would like to upgrade us to a junior suite..took us about 1 second to say of course.. Thank you very much rcl for this surprise.. Makes our upcoming cruise that more exciting..

We were on the independence of the seas 6 night cruise jan 18th.. Had a wonderful cruise.. I enjoyed it so much ,that when we got home we booked the indy for her 8 day cruise sailing this saturday.. We booked a balcony cabin on deck 8.. Well, this evening we received a phone call from rc.. They said that they would like to upgrade us to a junior suite..took us about 1 second to say of course.. Thank you very much rcl for this surprise.. Makes our upcoming cruise that more exciting..

How wonderful for you!! Enjoy your JS!!

Laura

Every night I keep wishing for the Upgrade Fairy to come and visit me. :(

Looks like she missed my house and found yours. :(:(

Oh well, at least she visited somebody! Enjoy your cruise and all your extra space.

Guess that Royal Caribbean keeps an eye on their (fast) returning passengers b/c I had the same. Went on the Indy in Nov/Dec and liked it so much that as soon as I was home I booked the Jan 31st sailing of the Liberty and got a very nice upgrade!

Thank you all for your kind comments concerning our visit from the "upgrade fairy"" it was a surprise.. We are diamond + and have cruised with rcl between 40 and 60 cruises.. Cruise history seems to bounce around..we do really love rcl.. We truly have never had a bad cruise with rc.. We love the rc ships,and the staff on the various ships that we have met and made friends with..even though dw and i had a very bad 2008 health wise,we still managed to cruise with rc 7 times.. One cruise was the c@a member cruise on the serenade..rc treated all of the diamond+ members with a free dinner at chops and a free shore excursion in st marrten.we also received some very nice gifts.. So,never give up on the "upgrade fairy"'.. You never know when your phone will ring with the good news.. All enjoy calm seas and great cruising.. Mike

+

We are on the Brilliance out of Barcelona on May 1. Someone on our blog mentioned that they had been upgraded to a junior suite. Out of curiosity I went to their website, checked our booking and found that we, too, had received an upgrade to a junior suite. I am surprised that we did not receive a call as we had an aft cabin on the 10th deck that we were anxious to try (balconies are much bigger). Do you think the larger junior suite (also on 10th deck) is worth giving up the aft D1 cabin with larger balcony?

Thank you all for your kind comments concerning our visit from the "upgrade fairy"" it was a surprise.. We are diamond + and have cruised with rcl between 40 and 60 cruises.. Cruise history seems to bounce around..we do really love rcl.. We truly have never had a bad cruise with rc.. We love the rc ships,and the staff on the various ships that we have met and made friends with..even though dw and i had a very bad 2008 health wise,we still managed to cruise with rc 7 times.. One cruise was the c@a member cruise on the serenade..rc treated all of the diamond+ members with a free dinner at chops and a free shore excursion in st marrten.we also received some very nice gifts.. So,never give up on the "upgrade fairy"'.. You never know when your phone will ring with the good news.. All enjoy calm seas and great cruising.. Mike

+

Hi Mike and Sue.... Congratulations on your upgrade.. and so happy to see you are/have been sailing.... we were worried about you. Glad you enjoyed the Independence. We went on her last December and decided we prefer the "other" Fredom class ships, however we did enjoy meeting some crew that had transferred to the IN. Enjoy your cruise and JS :D

hi, to answer a few questions..aft cabins are nice.. large balcony.. however js are larger.. i prefer not to be at the back of the ship.. also,we book through rcl .once you book through a ta ,rc will insist that you deal with your ta.. i just dont know if rc contacts a ta concerning an upgrade..doris, sue is going to contact you.. say hi to you know who.. mike

Congrats on the upgrade. We were upgraded from a D1 to a JS for our Brilliance cruise last August. Loved it.:D We were booked through a TA..we didn't get a phone call....I spotted the change of room number myself on "My Cruises".

GOCOCKS..it was an assigned D1...have never booked a guarantee.

Our cabin was assigned at booking as that is the way we have always done it also. We are not last minute cruisers so we probably never get the best bargain, but we always get a cabin where we want and plenty of time to get decent air travel.

We used an out of state travel agent (found over the internet) for this cruise (first time for that). The TA gave us onboard credit which was nice and I simply contacted them when RCL lowered the price of our category cabin and our price was adjusted. What I thought was strange was that we were not notified when our cabin was upgraded.

Hi, carol.. Yes,we will be at the m@m.. And at the pool at 5:00 pm for sail away.. Please look for us ..i will be wearing a red independence of the seas cap, white dockers,and a blue shirt with ships on it.. If no hat,look for the tall bald guy.. See you on board..dont know what dw is wearing for sail away yet...due to family issues with one of our sons ,have not been able to post on your roll call board.. Mike

How awesome on the upgrade!! We have a balcony on deck 9 for our upcoming Serenade cruise in early June to Alaska. I hope we get that call!! I just checked RCI's site, no indication of an upgrade yet.:(

This one will be just our 3rd RCI cruise, but 7th cruise all together, I wonder if you have to be a diamond member for a visit from the upgrade fairy??

Archived