Anyone used their cruisecare insurance for cancellation?

I have a cruise scheduled for early April and DW is having medical issues and is having to have a lot of tests, etc. May have to cancel the cruise. Has anyone had experience using their cruise care insurance with RCCL for a cancellation. Just wondering what kind of hassles I'm going to experience. thanks.

I have a cruise scheduled for early April and DW is having medical issues and is having to have a lot of tests, etc. May have to cancel the cruise. Has anyone had experience using their cruise care insurance with RCCL for a cancellation. Just wondering what kind of hassles I'm going to experience. thanks.

I used the cancel for any reason a couple of years ago, very very simple, faxed off a claim form, and they mailed me a future cruise certificate for 75% of the value. I had booked another cruise, just called RCI and they applied the certificate no problem

Have you read the policy regarding what it covers and does not cover? Most of the vacation travel policies have websites describing what documents you need and how to go about processing a claim. If you have Royal Caribbean cruise care you can view the policy and documentaion on the Royal Caribbean website.

I used the insurance in the summer of 2007. It was so simple to use and there wasn't any hassle. I mailed off the claim form with all of the information. They sent me a check for reimbursement of the cruise and airline tickets for all four of us. We cancelled very last minute, my son dislocated his knee on the airplane while we were boarding. Our luggage went to Vancouver but not us :)

Thanks for the response...glad to know it was relatively pain-free except for the injury and the cancelled vacation that is... Won't know for sure whether we will need to cancel until about 10 - 14 days pre-sail so am keeping a good outlook!

Archived