Transportation from peer Bayonne to central manhattan

I arrive back from explorer cruise on 26th April 8am, with husband. We are staying on in Manhattan for 3 days (my 50th birthday). Please could anyone give me any advice on the best way to get into Manhattan from the port ? Are there plenty of taxis ? What can i expect to pay ? Is there a shuttle bus that would go into Manhattan ?

a taxi will cost the most as NJ cabs cannot pick up return fares in NYC so you;d have to negotiate the fare first.....they will charge you meter, plus round trip tolls and then who knows how much else...at least 75-80 bucks.

not sure about buses....you could try a car service such as www.dial7.com or www.carmellimo.com www.blackexecutivecars.com

or arecibo maybe.

there MAY be shuttle buses but i am not sure.......

if you dont have a TON of luggage you could use mass transit such as the PATH or NJ Transit or the bergen hudson light rail

www.panynj.com

www.njtransit.com

(the light rail is part of NJT-and there is a stop very close...)

Simply hail a nyc yelllow taxi, that is dropping off customers from Manhattan in Bayonne. You should be able to negotiate a fare, off the meter, for about $45 to $50. You have leverage because without you the cabbie must return empty to midtown manhattan.

Archived