Age Requirement for Zip Line

JsMom2

We are booked on B2B cruises of Oasis in June 2010. As I was looking at shore excursions in Mexico for our Mariner cruise this December, I noticed that all of the zipline tours have a min age of 12.

I called reservations and asked what the age/height requirement will be for the zipline on Oasis. The first answer was, "I'm not sure, you know the ship isn't even built yet." I refrained from saying, "Yes, but you ARE taking reservations and deposits to sail on her!"

My question was referred to another department, who is supposed to call me back. My DD will be 3 months shy of her 12th birthday in June 2010, so if she can't do the zipline we'll probably pospone our cruises.

I'll post here if I get a definitive answer.

They have? What are they?

OMG, so sorry, I meant to say they have NOT even decided upon the requirements. The lady who called me back, said that she took the question "quite high up" and no one had even thought about it, since the ship isn't built yet.

The way she talked, it was if they're just going to throw it up there and then decide how to use it!

You would cancel a cruise just because your daughter couldn't use one feature of a ship that offers so much?

The zip line is the main reason my daughter wants to go on Oasis. Otherwise, we could pay a fraction of the cost and go on a Freedom class for most of the same features.

We'll do a B2B on Oasis so we can experience the whole ship, but I don't know if we'll want to sail her again after that. We love traveling all over the world, and I doubt Oasis will ever sail anywhere other than the Caribbean. So yes, we'll postpone until she's 12 if that's the minimum age. If it's older than that we'll go ahead and go, but at least she'll know ahead of time what to expect.

I just think its silly that they haven't even thought about who they intend to offer the zip line to. A lot of people of all ages are very excited about their upcoming voyages on Oasis, and I just think it's sad that some kids are probably getting very excited about something they may not be able to use.

I don't know if this helps but their zipline on labadee doesn't have an age requirement, just a height of at least 5 ft and weight requirement of at least 75 lbs no more than 250 lbs. Adjustable at their discretion for weather conditions.:)

Thanks that is good to know!

The zip line is the main reason my daughter wants to go on Oasis. Otherwise, we could pay a fraction of the cost and go on a Freedom class for most of the same features.

We'll do a B2B on Oasis so we can experience the whole ship, but I don't know if we'll want to sail her again after that. We love traveling all over the world, and I doubt Oasis will ever sail anywhere other than the Caribbean. So yes, we'll postpone until she's 12 if that's the minimum age. If it's older than that we'll go ahead and go, but at least she'll know ahead of time what to expect.

I just think its silly that they haven't even thought about who they intend to offer the zip line to. A lot of people of all ages are very excited about their upcoming voyages on Oasis, and I just think it's sad that some kids are probably getting very excited about something they may not be able to use.

Maybe it needs to be tested before they can determine the age/weight requirements. Can't test something that isn't built yet

i see that you have cruised on carnival several times.... i need some information and would like to chit chat a bit...if you use yahoo, please add me, w39_joe

thanks

I only have 2 words regarding Carnival....Never again!

My first couple cruises were on Carnival back in the '80s, back when I was into the party scene. Went again after I was married, and hated it. I got a great deal on a single cabin last New Years Eve, so decided to give them another try. They are STILL a party cruise IMO and just not my styel.

We are booked on B2B cruises of Oasis in June 2010. As I was looking at shore excursions in Mexico for our Mariner cruise this December, I noticed that all of the zipline tours have a min age of 12.

I called reservations and asked what the age/height requirement will be for the zipline on Oasis. The first answer was, "I'm not sure, you know the ship isn't even built yet." I refrained from saying, "Yes, but you ARE taking reservations and deposits to sail on her!"

My question was referred to another department, who is supposed to call me back. My DD will be 3 months shy of her 12th birthday in June 2010, so if she can't do the zipline we'll probably pospone our cruises.

I'll post here if I get a definitive answer.

Sorry but I had to laugh when I 1st read your post and I got to my 3 mos old daughter....I thought well then she surely cannot do the zip line:D

You would cancel a cruise just because your daughter couldn't use one feature of a ship that offers so much?

Welcome to parenting in the 21st Century... Drives me nuts on a daily basis.

Proud owner of 4yo Girl with a passport and stamps from 7 countries plus 2 cruises.

Craig

MKE

Archived