Mile nausea from rich food

astaffy

HI

Just returned from our 3rd cruise and absolutely love everything about cruising except for the nausea I feel, we own a boat so I know it is not seasickness, it is like a hangover without alcohol I feel, I eat a very healthy diet at home and go wild on the cruise, cannot see all that good food and not eat it, It would be so nice if I felt as good as it does affect how motivated I am. I always feel great at home with my diet, just interested to know if anone else has experienced this mild nausea from eating all the rich, high fat, high sugar foods on the cruises?

I do with pretty much any food like that whether I eat it on a cruise or elsewhere!

HI

Just returned from our 3rd cruise and absolutely love everything about cruising except for the nausea I feel, we own a boat so I know it is not seasickness, it is like a hangover without alcohol I feel, I eat a very healthy diet at home and go wild on the cruise, cannot see all that good food and not eat it, It would be so nice if I felt as good as it does affect how motivated I am. I always feel great at home with my diet, just interested to know if anone else has experienced this mild nausea from eating all the rich, high fat, high sugar foods on the cruises?

I used to eat anything with no fear of weight gain, then when I hit my 30s my metabolism changed. Try to watch my fat and carb intake closely now. Went several years with mainly sensible diet, then on a special occasion had a plate of my favorite rich fettuccine at 13 Coins. It really did make me feel lousy afterwards. In the past I never felt sick eating this. If you aren't accustomed to extremely rich food I think your body can rebel.

It's just not worth it for me to enjoy a cruise and then be miserable afterwards, so I do watch what I eat. I don't stay away from everything, but I do evaluate how much I really want something. I try not to get dessert every night but if there's something I really like (as in creme brulee), I will get it. But I also balance out by ordering steamed veggies to go with my entree.

My solution is to try whatever I want, but to eat very small portions. I will try anything, but just take a few bites at first. Then I decide what my favorite thing is, and have a little more of it. It seems to work. However, when I dined at Portofino's (Royal Caribbean Specialty Restaurant) for the first time on our recent cruise, I was stuffed with so much rich food that I immediately went back to the cabin and went to bed. But it was so worth it! The food was amazing and the fillet was to die for!

HI

I've had that happen once. I can't be certain that it was the food, but I'd been dieting for months leading up to the cruise, had been eating lightly, keeping my fat and calorie intake low, and so on. Then I got on the ship and, while I didn't exactly go wild, I did eat a lot more than my body was used to, and I felt sick for much of the week, especially right after meals.

I always feel great at home with my diet, just interested to know if anone else has experienced this mild nausea from eating all the rich, high fat, high sugar foods on the cruises?

Yep, I generally eat quite well (& feel well) but I am the same as you ... if the food's there & I paid for it (whenther it's a buffet restaurant or cruising) I want to try everything & then some! And I do get that yucky stomach ache afterward. I think it's from the amount of sugar I consume. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson by now but the foods are just so darn good!

Archived