first time cruisers going to Cozumel

cruise virgin x 2

I am going to Coz this June and need some advice... I read alot about Nachi Cocom and would like to visit this but the excursion is not offered thru Carnival. How do I do this?, Is it wise for me to go on a Non Carnival excursion being my first time, and what does a day at Nachi's include? Also any information about the shopping in Cozumel would be much appriciated.

Thanks all

Hi

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

Here is the link to book Nachi Cocom. I have been to Cozumel several times, but not Nachi Cocom. We are planning to go on our next cruise in February 2010. You will be fine booking on your own.........I never use the ship's excursions......usually more money and more people:) Just always be mindful of your time getting back to the ship. The price for Nachi does not include transportation. I hear it is $15 each way for up to 4 people...

I don't believe there is shopping right near Nachi......I believe where you dock there will be a few shops but you could look into going downtown I think:D My kids hate to shop.

Have a great time

Karen

Does Carnival offer Playa Mia? NCL does. I've read it is really great, and also not as loud and crazy as the one you mentioned. It includes food and drink and water activities like sailing, non-motorized types of activities.

ah, nachi is not loud or crazy. about as laid-back as you can get, in fact.

nachi is NOT book through the cruiselines. only through the web link post above. it's beautiful and very quiet..mostly adults. nice pool and great food.

you pay a deposit (credit card) when contacted by island marketing. the rest is paid in cash, when you get to nachi. nachi cocom doesn't have all the toys that some of the other resort have, snorkeling trips and massages are separate.

it was a dream day for us...the food was outstanding, the music stayed in the background, service was great...massage was excellent.

should add...there are taxi stands at each dock area. we just walked off the docks, to the taxi stand...the prices for each resort is clearly marked on the boards, it's a set price. ours was $15 each way. for more then 4, the prices are, also, on the board and set.

Archived