Where do the kids sleep?

tink24

I have been having the hardest time trying to find a cruiseline with fold down sofa beds for my 3 year old. Disney has them standard in all rooms, but DCL is really expensive. You have to book a mini-suite on Princess to get one. RCCL has them in the Large Oceanview and higher staterooms. Carnival has them in most oceanview and higher staterooms. I would like to book an inside stateroom to take advantage of the great rates, but I can't picture my 3 year old sleeping on a bed that pulls down from the ceiling. How do most people handle this?

Wrona is right, pullman mattress on the floor. That's how we did it when my youngest was 2 on Carnival.

Check the price differences though. On many ships, you can go from an Interior to an Outside cabin for less than $100 total. Sometimes even as low as $20. It depends on the ship and date sailing...but don't rule out an Oceanview. That one little window makes a difference to make the cabin seem bigger.

Wrona is right, pullman mattress on the floor. That's how we did it when my youngest was 2 on Carnival.

Check the price differences though. On many ships, you can go from an Interior to an Outside cabin for less than $100 total. Sometimes even as low as $20. It depends on the ship and date sailing...but don't rule out an Oceanview. That one little window makes a difference to make the cabin seem bigger.

I totally agree with the window thing. I haven't sailed in an inside cabin since college, but I like to have options. I was lucky enough to snag a 6E family oceanview cabin on the Carnival Liberty and that one has 230 square feet and floor to ceiling windows on the spa deck. Can't wait! Thanks so much for the input.:)

I totally agree with the window thing. I haven't sailed in an inside cabin since college, but I like to have options. I was lucky enough to snag a 6E family oceanview cabin on the Carnival Liberty and that one has 230 square feet and floor to ceiling windows on the spa deck. Can't wait! Thanks so much for the input.:)

Oooh nice snag!!!!! I've seen pictures of those cabins, they are nice.

Enjoy your cruise! :D

I have been having the hardest time trying to find a cruiseline with fold down sofa beds for my 3 year old.

We booked a balcony cabin for our upcoming NCL Sky cruise and DS (2 yo) will sleep on the sofa bed.

I think that NCl has sofa-beds in many cabin-types.

If you can't find the bed you are looking for you could try one of these two options:

1--Bring a collapsible bedrail to use with the pullman. They are easy to pack.

2--Have one of the parents sleep in the pullman, and give the toddler the lower bed.

Our sleeping arrangements on a cruise are always crazy, so we go NOT expecting to share a bed as a married couple.

CeleBrat

When we are on Vacation we bring along an Aerobed for kids for our 2 year old to sleep on. He sleeps so good on that, so I am planning on bringing it on our Cruise in April. Has anyone used one of those for there kids on a Cruise?

I have learned how to pack it in our luggage so it isn't so bulky to carry!

When we are on Vacation we bring along an Aerobed for kids for our 2 year old to sleep on. He sleeps so good on that, so I am planning on bringing it on our Cruise in April. Has anyone used one of those for there kids on a Cruise?

I have learned how to pack it in our luggage so it isn't so bulky to carry!

Please share your packing tips. This sounds like a great idea!

Please share your packing tips. This sounds like a great idea!

I just make sure all the air is out and fold it up nice and neat into a square and pack our clothes around it or on top of it. I use the travel space bags to save room in our luggage.

It folds up really nice if you just take a little bit of time with it.

Archived