Visa/ Passports

BCCRUSINGCOUPLE

Passports are what's required. You may also want to take your driver's license if you plan on renting a car at any port, plus you can use that as your photo ID when returning to the ship. The reason I say this is because some cruise lines will take your passport and keep it until the end of the cruise.

I would ask your TA and doublecheck. In Barcelona and the Med, you should be OK but in various ports and countries, there may be different requirements i.e. Brazil's goofy rules in South America.

I don't do copies onshore as I really don't want that info available in case I lose it as a copy does little good in the event you would need your passport.

I would ask your TA and doublecheck. In Barcelona and the Med, you should be OK but in various ports and countries, there may be different requirements i.e. Brazil's goofy rules in South America.

I don't do copies onshore as I really don't want that info available in case I lose it as a copy does little good in the event you would need your passport.

Not really accurate. A photocopy of your information page is acceptable in getting a replacement passport from a US consulate or embassy.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/tips/emergencies/emergencies_1197.html

As you can see from reading that site, having a copy of the information page DOES indeed help in getting an emergency passport easier.

We also photocopy our passports and keep the photocopy with us. We did this when they took the passports on the Med. cruise (Galaxy out of Rome)

Are you saying that you just use a photocopy of your passport for off-the-ship activities? If so that's good to know as I don't like carrying around the original.

Can someone confirm this?

Archived