luggage locks

sbh6167

we locked ours. You can buy the TSA locks rather cheaply at Walmart, walgreens or several other places. If the TSA needs to get into your luggage they have a master key for all TSA locks, other wise they will pull your bags and possibly not get them on the flight, or at the very least cut your lock off. They had to inspect mine because I packaged my extension cord right next to a bottle of Rum...I am SO sure it looked like a bomb on their x-ray. Seriously, not sarcastically. So I don't blame them. But they forgot to put my lock back on.

Cable ties are the cheapest and best way to secure your luggage. The so-called TSA-approved locks will *still* be cut off by the inspectors if they do not wish to be bothered to go retrieve the master key.

Remember, if somebody really wants in to your luggage, *NO* locks is going to stop them.

I do have a story about flying with luggage that is not locked.. When my parents went to Hawaii a few years ago, they did not lock one of their bags (it was kinda like a duffle bag)... and they had close to $100.00 worth of souveniers missing with they picked up their luggage at the airport. Not sure if someone just took the items or if they fell out at some point.... I know things like this are pretty rare, but it does happen... Either way, I think a lock may have helped a little.. but you never know...;)

Archived