Cost of Cab to Orient beach

tuliplvr

Hi- I was wondering if anyone could please tell me the cost of a cab to Orient beach. I figure this would be cheaper than doing the ship excursion to there. Also, anyplace you recommend getting dropped off? Thank you

Hi- I was wondering if anyone could please tell me the cost of a cab to Orient beach. I figure this would be cheaper than doing the ship excursion to there. Also, anyplace you recommend getting dropped off? Thank you

There are fixed rates for it; it depends on how many people they pack into your cab. Near the port there's a sort of cab stand where you can get cabs with other people going to the same destinations.

We went to Orient Beach this way last week; on our way out, we were in a van cab with about 10 people and it cost us $6/person. Coming back it was just the three people that went in our group and it cost us $7/person. If I remember correctly, the most it gets to be is $18/person for one person going alone, if you somehow did that.

There are a lot of different options there for places renting chairs; I'd suggest walking the beach a bit and seeing what appeals to you. You'll see signs by most of the bars/restaurants offering the different deals for their chairs. We ended up getting chairs by the Kontiki (I think?) beach bar; we later discovered that we could've had chairs cheaper somewhere else, but the chairs there were in good condition and the lunch we had there was great, so I really have no complaints.

Thank you very much for your response. Do you remember about how much it is for a chair rental? Thanks!

I think we paid something like $7/each for ours, although I later saw other places where we could've rented cheaper. Those chairs didn't look as nice as the ones we got, though, so I can't really complain. My advice would be to walk the beach a bit and see your options before settling in somewhere.

we are planning on taking a taxi to orient beach in the am and stay a few hours. However when we leave we want to go to front street for some shopping. Will the taxi drop us off there or do we have to taxi back to the ship and then take another taxi to front street? Leaving saturday. will be in st maarten on tuesday. thanks

we are planning on taking a taxi to orient beach in the am and stay a few hours. However when we leave we want to go to front street for some shopping. Will the taxi drop us off there or do we have to taxi back to the ship and then take another taxi to front street? Leaving saturday. will be in st maarten on tuesday. thanks

Ask to be dropped off downtown and they will most probably drop you at the Court House, right in the center of Front Street for shopping.

gary

Archived