I need a Tour Guide for San Juan-ASAP

jramsey757

There will be lots of taxis and tour guides waiting on the sidewalk as you get off the ship. They're all looking for business. Ask around for one who is offering what you're looking for.

They will be offering Bacardi, Old San Juan, "new" San Juan, the rain forest, beaches, etc. And some combination of these.

• 1 month later...

Thank you, tito1101

We cruised from San Juan in March and are going back for a week at Christmas (just doing San Juan this time). I have been looking for things to do. I went to countryside website and it is just what I was looking for!!!!!

Thank you again ~ cruisecritic rules!!!!!

There are plenty of tours as soon as you get off the ship. The going rate for the city tour is $20 per person for less that 4 people. If you have more than that I've seen them negotiate down to $12 per person. Don't be afraid to ask!!!

We just paid $30 for a rainforest tour and hike (6 hours) that on the ship would have cost $89 per person. The first price the driver quoted was $350. for 4 of us! We found 3 other people and made a group of 7 and finally paid $210 for all of us! (Plus we tipped him generously because he was great!!!)

Good luck:)

• 1 month later...

I priced countrywide and several others tour guides.

So many sights I wanted to see. I was there for 4 1/2 days in May of 2009. HECTOR WAS THE MOST AFFORDABLY PRICED.

Everyone else was pretty strict on their tours. Only on this day at this time. I asked for a customized package it was if I was speaking a foriegn language.

I booked with Hector Westerband of Venture Puerto Rico. I had a group of 11 people and some days 15. HE WAS PRICED BETTER THAN COUNTRYWIDE.

HECTOR WAS AWESOME.

He speaks impeccable english (no accent).

However, he was happy to have folks that were just like him that could speak spanish and english fluently--lol. Our group is from San Antonio, Texas and we are Hispanic so it was nice to speak both.

Cruise terminal pick up and drop off

Airport pick up and drop off

Accepts PayPal

Responds QUICKLY to email and telephone calls

One stop shop. You tell him what you want to see and how long you are in town for and he DOES THE REST!!!

We ate where the locals ate. Hector showed us the best places to purchase the local beer and spirits. We even ate licon/pic where Anthony Bourdain did, too!

Hector customizes everything for you. What more can you ask for on your vacation. Your pictures will be plentiful and your wallet won't be scorched.

http://www.venturepuertorico.com

his email is hectorwesterband@yahoo.com

Tel#s

787-378-2602

787-226-8075

San Antonio Traveler VERY Satisfied with this tour Guide. We RANKED him #1 against our other tour guides from our numerous travels. We travel lots, too!

You are most welcome!!!

Glad to hear ya love for my city of San Antonio.

Here was what I had posted in another link.

Some other tour guide got upset and had cruise critic pull off my post. I was sent a guideline warning. Stating that I could only respond to questions or could only post a question.

I thought that people would love to know how wonderful this tour guide was. What a value he was!

So here is my original post with a sample of our itenary.

No matter how much time you have --a lit or a lot.

You will see me and do more and have more money in your wallet using this guide.

=====================My Post=========================

We had the BEST TIME IN Puerto Rico!

The best value (we shopped around) as a tour guide.

We just got back from our cruise on Carnival's Victory leaving out of San Juan, Puerto Rico. May 13-17th, 2099 in Puerto Rico (San Juan). Caught the Carnival Victory Carribean Cruise on the May 17, 2009. We were traveling in a group of 11 (ages 27-55).

Our group decided that prior to heading out on the carribean cruise we would spend a few days in Puerto Rico (PR) to see some of the sights and must sees.

We had 4 1/2 days in PR. Hector provided us with pick up and drop off to the airport and cruise ship.

Our Itinerary for you to Sample:

Wednesday--- Pick up from Airport to hotel. A mini tour of the San Juan. Where to go eat, shop and do.

Thursday---- Bio Bay tour in Viequiex (we booked this tour on our own (with the advise of Hector) with www.eastwindcats.com

Friday Tour of the city of Ponce.

Hector was kind enough to get us a local Ponce guide to come with us, JoAnn.

We visited a Hacienda coffee plantation.

We visited the (summer home) Castle of the Sevilles family. The folks that make

DON Q rum.

JoAnn's grandma made us an authetic PR dish made at christmas aroz con azucar-

-YUMMY!

A stop to eat where the locals eat (same place Anthony Bourdain ate the

lichon/pig) lichon. 13 of us (11 of us plus Hector and Joann) ate for $67 usd.

We ate like pigs, too!

Saturday: El Yunque Rainforest and Lucquillo beach.

El Yunque was beautiful. Hector was able to accommodate those that more active

and those that were limited in hiking. We had some seniors in our group that

couldn't do the hike.

Again, we ate like the locals at the food Kiosks in Lucquillo. 11 of us ate for

around $50 bucks!

What a feast. Hector explained the foods and helped us order.

Sunday: We toured Old San Juan

The Forts, the Puerto Rican Government House (Senate and House of

Representatives building), El Morro.

A stop for lunch and shopping or for those of us that wanted to go to church in the

oldest church we could attend.

Then a tour of the Barcardi distillary.

Then Hector dropped us off at the cruise ship terminal. A wee bit happy from those

drinks they give you at the Barcardi distillary.

The next sunday:

Hector, picked us up at cruise ship terminal.

(he took care of my SPECIAL Rum for me that I bought at the Bacardi Distillery

the week before) --going the extra mile.

He gave us time to shop and eat in Old San Juan one last time.

Hector recommended two places for us to try: Cafe Mallorca and Cafe Puerto Rico

(both yummy!)

Then he dropped us off at the airport.

Throughout our time with Hector guided us to best places to eat.

The best places to purchase the local beer @ .79 cents for Medallia

We didn't have to worry about a thing.

He took care of all the details.

We got the most of our little time in Puerto Rico.

We would have spent more valuable time trying to figure this stuff out on our own.

Hector was flexible to all of our needs (like the day in Old San Juan tour some people wanted to attend church go others did not. Hector worked it out to keep us all happy. He worked a church and lunch/shopping break).

By far hiring Hector was the best value for the time we had in PR.

The best bang for our USD buck.

When visiting Puerto Rico and/or San Juan---BOOK HECTOR.

The picky travelers from San Antonio Texas sure glad we did!

http://www.venturepuertorico.com/

What was the name of the church you attended? Was it Roman Catholic? Was it walking distance of the cruise terminal? We are going on the Caribbean Princess in July and stopping in San Juan on a Sunday. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Freddie

sorry been a bit busy --yes it was a catholic church.

It was very reminicent of europe.

Very lovely.

We wanted to light a candle for our family members that are gone. Here in the states we just light one. There in San Juan you must purchase the candle from the lil stand on the right side of the church and place in the prayer room. It was very beautiful and a lovely mass.

sorry been a bit busy --yes it was a catholic church.

It was very reminicent of europe.

Very lovely.

We wanted to light a candle for our family members that are gone. Here in the states we just light one. There in San Juan you must purchase the candle from the lil stand on the right side of the church and place in the prayer room. It was very beautiful and a lovely mass.

Thank you. It sounds very nice. Was the Church in walking distance from the ship? What was the name?

Thanks,

Freddie

The Cathedral in OSJ is San Juan Bautista is Roman Catholic. The Masses are in Spanish. It is Calle del Cristo (very close to the Coach Outlet).

The trolleys do not drive by it.

It is walking distance from the Pier 4 cruise dock. Or if you are coming from the Pan Am pier, take a taxi.

You can take a trolley and get kind of close (stop 8 or 9 or even 10) and then walk....

Archived