Hotels in Long Beach

CZodda

Hi Everyone!

I was thinking of taking the Splendour out of Long Beach in September. Can anyone recommend a hotel there? Also is it better to fly into Long Beach or LAX?

I'm sorry if this question in is the wrong place, please just let me know. I thought there was a section for cruise hotels (or was it ports?), but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks in advance for your help and have a great day!

Cathy

Fly to LB airport if you can, it's about a 10 min. ride to the port. If you must go to LAX, it's no big deal, it's a 25-30 minute drive to port WITHOUT traffic. With traffic give yourself 1-1 1/2 hrs. to be safe, but that would only be during rush hour or if there was an accident or something.

Hotels in LB: Hyatt LB is very nice, in the middle of the tourist areas. If you like cruising history, you may want to stay at the Queen Mary, which is inside the port.

Fly into Long Beach! Much nicer. We have been there twice..once for the Carnival Paradise and once on the Carnival Pride. First time we stayed on the Queen Mary. I enjoyed it, went on the ghost tour but won't stay again. I honestly do believe the place is haunted. Last October we stayed at the Turret House Bed & Breakfast. Wonderful place! Claw-foot bathtubs...

http://www.turrethouse.com

If at ALL POSSIBLE fly into Long Beach, much much nicer then LAX. LAX is SUCH a mad house.

We stayed at the Westin and LOVED it. Most comfortable bed we ever sleep on. Like 2 blocks to the port area with shops and restarants. Walking distance to a grocery store (had to get some wine and water:D) Then to the actual port we took a taxi and it was like 5 bucks. We did hotwire and got it for like 80 bucks. Killer deal!

We depart Long Beach on Sunday - taking the Pride all the way to Miami! Some in our group are staying at the Maya (formerly the Coast) which is currently being renovated. Price range is about 200 but I imagine it changes with how full they are - shuttle to ship is $5.00. We are staying at the Renaissance Marriott and also got a room overlooking the harbor for the same price. We will need to take a cab to the port but should not run more that $15.00 so not much difference. You can also go to the West Coast Departure boards and ask questions. Glad to help. Have a great cruise!

Archived