Inside Passage -- Lighthouses

Actually PD - Brockton and Prospect Point in Vancouver harbour/Stanley Park would be the first ones that you will pass. Nice site I wasn't aware of that one.

Most of the ones going up Vancouver Island you will miss as it will be dark but I remember seeing Pine Island on my last journey north.

Cheers

Dennis

Actually PD - Brockton and Prospect Point in Vancouver harbour/Stanley Park would be the first ones that you will pass. Nice site I wasn't aware of that one.

Most of the ones going up Vancouver Island you will miss as it will be dark but I remember seeing Pine Island on my last journey north.

Cheers

Dennis

You are correct, except they are regarded as lights as compared to lighthouses...but now so few of them are manned...well maybe they are all just lights now.;) There is also the light at the tip of Burnaby shoal at the entrance so to speak of Coal Harbour...oh man I am taxing my memory now.:) Great win for the 'nucks tonight!!!!

PD - you forgot to mention the light on your patio that shines brightly on all the passing cruise ships in the summer months - all we need is the GPS co-ordinates and we can wave as we go bye.

Have a good weekend - how soon will you be starting your northward trek?

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks for the tips.

I have a great picture of the Brockton lighthouse from a trip I made about 20 years ago (has it really been that long :eek:). I am looking forward to getting a shot of it from another angle.

PD - you forgot to mention the light on your patio that shines brightly on all the passing cruise ships in the summer months - all we need is the GPS co-ordinates and we can wave as we go bye.

Have a good weekend - how soon will you be starting your northward trek?

Cheers

Dennis

Once I get home with my GPS I will post them.:)

Unless we get baked out of here before hand we are planning to leave on Easter Sunday.

Have a great weekend yourself.

Archived