Just Off the Island - Panama Canal FLL RT (Sort of long)

ExDean

Reforee ...

Since the airport is virtually right next door to the pier you should be OK. I don't recall exactly when we left the ship and passed through cutoms, but ...

We had a Hertz car reserved for pick up at Port Everglades. We took a cab and began to look for the Hertz location. Guess what? It doesn't exist. Even though our reservation said so. So after wandering around we went to Hertz at the airport and there was our car. That being said, by the time we finally got our car and found the Marriott our check in time was 9:17. That's a wandering way of saying no sweat in making your 10:15 flight.

ExDean,

Thanks for the reply! What a round about way to have to locate the Hertz rental car facility. Hertz certianly didn't make it simple now did they? Maybe they can bring OJ back LOL!

By chance do you remember what time the IP started to let the self-disembarkers off the ship? I want to try and be in that first bunch so I don't have to be so uptight about making it to FLL in time. I realize the airport is only about 10 minutes away from Port Everglades because this is our second time leaving from there. However, this the first time that we really have to hustle to be at the check-in counter at least 60 minutes before the flight departure. The airline only offers two non-stops back to PIT, one at 10AM, and the other isn't until 7PM. We wanted to get back ASAP without having to do connecting flights.

As best I can recall we were waiting for a taxi at about 7:45. I remember because the non-existent Hertz place didn't open until 8:00. (Now I know they are never open!)

We had to be in the Universe Lounge by 7:15. There was a long line of "carry your own bags folks" but once they started to disembark the line moved very quickly. We even moved through customs quickly - surprise!

Have a great cruise.

Archived