Belize Bannister Island

Kathleen803

I posted this same question earlier today.....people told me that Carnival didn't renew their contract with this vendor, so it is no longer available:(

One of the posters did mention that there is another company that does do the same excursion---called eco tours belize, and then i found one called coral breezes as well.

I am disappointed, as this was going to be my excursion there...I sail in 24 days!

Wow - that's a shame. We were there in Sept. and heard it was for sale. Maybe the new owners wanted too much - they do have a new web-site and looks like they offer more than they had then. I would suggest Coral Breeze tours - looks like they will take you there, however, you'll have to hunt for manatees on the way back. I do recommend it if you're looking for a beach day!!

Noticed the excursion wasn't offered on our 5/31 cruise anymore, but the reef snorkeling trip that included a stop at the beach is still listed so I wonder if the boat will still go to Bannister or another island. We signed up for the reef/beach trip a couple weeks ago, so I hope we still get some kind of beach break.

My excursion to bannister on Carnival was also cancelled :confused: I was looking forward to just tendering to the island from the ship. We leave April 12, so hope that Carnival puts up a similiar excursion..

You have got to be kidding. This why we opted for the Western over the Eastern for the Belize stop and Bannister Island. Come on Carnival.

You can still go . . just throu Coral Breeze or ecotours instead. The only downside is theirs all includes either a Manatee watch or snorkeling and you have to tender to the main land first then take a boat to Bannister instead of a tender right from the boat to bannister. Someone else posted that they went thru coral breeze, booked the beach & manatee watch but when they got there they were told if they didn't want to do the manatee watch they could spend extra time on the beach and the boat would get them after the manatee watch. Might be worth a try if your looking for the beach only like we are.

When i was in Belize there were tour companies right there. Just get off the ship and book somethign hten. alos contact Cathy at Wet Lizzard and she can set you up too. she works with tour companies

You have got to be kidding. This why we opted for the Western over the Eastern for the Belize stop and Bannister Island. Come on Carnival.
I had pre-booked the excursion on-line at the Carnival site for June 2009!!:) It is still showing in 'My Cruise' on the CCL site!!:eek: Hmmm.m.m.m...

I just booked thru Eco tours, they did say you can just wait and book it when you get there, that way if the weather isn't great for a beach day you didn't waste your money. I just like having my sanity and knowing thats what we are doing, the tour person said April is usually a dry month in Belize and thats when we are going.

We arrived back off the Carnival Legend yesterday March 22). We were booked for the "Private Island Beach Break" on Bannister for Thursday. Tuesday we were told that the tour was cancelled indefinitely for "safety and operational" concerns. I looked up Bannister Resort online and found that the Operations Manager had been murdered on the island Friday, March 13. The link to the news article is http://www.channel5belize.com/archiv...story_id=23515

This is very sad and disturbing and I don't know when/if the island will reopen.

Thanks very much to Major and Minor Tom for accommodating my family as walkups for the Belize Cave Tubing.

progress.gif

Archived