Pearl - Spring Break past couple weeks

lvcruises

Please don't flame me... I'm just wondering how the cruises the past few weeks have been with all the kids and the college age spring breakers. My DH and I don't have children and when we booked this cruise we had no idea it was during spring break. Easter is still a couple of weeks away so it never dawned on us. I just want to know what to expect... tons of kids I would guess. Are there excursions that you have found that they tend to stay away from? I'm guessing from what I have read that the hot tubs and pool area will be filled to the max.

I now know if we want to cruise in spring to check out the dates of spring break.

We were on the 3/8 Pearl sailing and there were "spring breakers" everywhere! The vast majority of them were very well behaved and courteous. We enjoyed the fact that many dressed quite nicely for dinner. The hot tubs were always crowded; the only times we got to use them were when we came back from Cozumel early because of rain and on the GSC day when we always stay onboard. It took some doing but we were able to locate chairs close enough to the pools to be able to watch the action. The pools themselves were hardly used by anyone. NCL must have made a tidy profit on alcohol sales that week as well. We rarely saw the kids in the specialty restaurants and the only NCL excursion we took was to Lamani on Belize and there were none with us.

Enjoy your cruise.

We were also on the March 8th sailing and feel the same as tincansailor. They were everywhere - especially the hottub - so much so that hubby and I signed up for the spa pass for some peace and quiet pool time.

They werent too unruly and we also enjoyed how nicely most of them dressed for dinner. They actually added some excitement to the night time activities.

Cozumel was another story, but hey we had a couple at carlos and charlies too!

For the most part, spring break is over with by Easter. However, from what I understand, any cruise around a holiday will have more kids (actual children not college kids..lol) than your average cruise. I do know some people do not like cruising on a ship where there are a lot of kids, but other than the occasional crying child in a restaurant, we have never been bothered with them on a cruise. I don't know if we have been lucky or what. You would have to hold a gun to my head to book a 7 day or less cruise during actual spring break though.

It looks like most of the insanity is winded down by the time we cruise. If not, our CC Roll Call is pretty big, maybe we can be Spring Break Vigilantes and bust some heads. ;-)

If you look at our roll call you will see we have many kids. I think FL schools have their spring break during that week. I may have to talk my DH into getting spa passes just to get away for a little while. We are in our mid 40's and pretty set in our ways, which is one reason we don't have kids...just a well behaved dog. We are going to try to be on the road by 4ish on Friday we are stopping at a laQuinta in KingsIsland, GA about 3 miles from the boarder of FL. Hopefully we will get to Miami at a decent time. I'm sure we will all have a wonderful time....just looking forward to getting away for a while. Be seeing you soon.

Please don't flame me... I'm just wondering how the cruises the past few weeks have been with all the kids and the college age spring breakers. My DH and I don't have children and when we booked this cruise we had no idea it was during spring break. Easter is still a couple of weeks away so it never dawned on us. I just want to know what to expect... tons of kids I would guess. Are there excursions that you have found that they tend to stay away from? I'm guessing from what I have read that the hot tubs and pool area will be filled to the max.

I now know if we want to cruise in spring to check out the dates of spring break.

Seeing that no one has commented on the excursion question I would have to say that because most of the tours are early morning the students are not in a habit of getting up early. You also will have a bunch that will wake up with such a hangover that they go back to bed. So bottom line, I wouldn't worry about excursions except for the booze cruise ones.

Seeing that no one has commented on the excursion question I would have to say that because most of the tours are early morning the students are not in a habit of getting up early. You also will have a bunch that will wake up with such a hangover that they go back to bed. So bottom line, I wouldn't worry about excursions except for the booze cruise ones.

That's good to know. I think all 3 that we are on, start no later than 9am so we should be good. We are doing the Lamanai & new river safari, can't see too many doing that one its an all day thing with no booze.:D

I was on the Sky, not the Pearl, but my excursion experience I bet would hold true regardless.

The college spreak breakers will not be leaving the ship before about 11 am at the earliest. We had a very enjoyable morning with few people wandering around downtown Nassau two weekends ago. Those people doing excursions in the morning were already out on them, and the spring breakers were still sleeping off their hangovers.

We did an excursion in the afternoon, but still, few Spring Breakers because excursions take money (whereas walking to a free public beach and buying a cooler full of alcohol only is the cost of the alcohol).

On GSC, we practically had the beach to ourselves in the morning. We got there around 9:30 or 10 and people didn't start getting there for the most part until about 11:30 or past noon. And not just the Spring Breakers...most of the passengers seemed to sleep in late that morning.

I really think we are talking about two different sets of people...

Spring breakers on college break are WAY different than the families that bring their kids who are on spring break from elementary, junior high, high school.

I am thinking that with all the kids club stuff and the kiddie pool it wont be THAT bad.

I would much prefer children to animal house college break. (Dear God did I just say that? I am 30 and Garrett is 31- I guess it is time to have that early midlife crisis now that we realized that we are not in college anymore and dont want to be!)

I went on a cruise the week before easter 2 years ago. (6 night RCCL Western Carrib). Suposivly 30% of the passangers were under 18. My kids loved it. Tons of kids for them. And magically, everywhere we went, there were no kids. The childrens program knows how to handle kids and Royal did a great job. SO! we booked another spring break cruise!

i was on the same cruise as tincansailor and kmc09 and i second (third?) what they said.

the spring breakers were EVERYWHERE but honestly they werent super crazy.

yes they were drinking alot, yes they were packed in at the hot tub, yes they got loud at times but overall not so bad.

one night i heard some of them screaming in the hallway but that was it.

i am only 31 but i am like super curmudgeonly and get annoyed easily by antics such as ones a springbreaker would stereotypically have and overall they didnt bother me.

we also did the Lamanaii ruins and i dont remember any springbreakers, and if there were they were well behaved.

my one problem with them was all the young, fit, skinny girls in small bikinis, i told my husband i was gonna blindfold him while he was walking around :eek::p

my one problem with them was all the young, fit, skinny girls in small bikinis, i told my husband i was gonna blindfold him while he was walking around :eek::p

I am with you, Punkmuse: I guess I have no problem with 20 somethings unless they are better looking than me. :cool:

off Majesty today.3/4 of the cruisers were spring breakers. No one except them could get in the hot tubs. You wouldn't want to..they had 25 kids jammed in each,,had drinks delivered ALL day to the hot tub and we RARELY saw anyone get out to use the resstrooms....ewwwww..we decided to skip it. They were actually quite entertaining and thre were no problems except a few drunk happy kids. We had no idea when we booked

Archived