Supper Club worth it? What to say?

ShyGuy215

Based on positive comments here, the last time we cruised , I really wanted to eat in the supper club one night. I made reservations and all was set. Then, the morning we were supposed to go, my wife asked why we would go and pay an additional $90.00 (3 pp) when the main dining room was already included. I tried to explain to her about the quality and ambience, but she talked me out of it. Now we have booked on the Pride for June and are already having the same discussion.

So, to those who have tried it....is it really worth it? And what can I say to my family to convince them. They actually have a better argument this time than last time because our daughter has since become a vegetarian (yuk!). If it were up to me, I would change the initial for PETA to stand for People Eating Tasty Animals.

Thank you.

It is well worth it.The food is much better and the ambiance? is awesome. I do not how old the third person is but if it is a young person please do not take them. There is something about the totally adult feelling that I love.

It is the equivalent of a Ruth Chris but you could never get the portion sizes they serve in the Supper Club at Ruth Chris for $30.00.

Have you looked at the menu on line? Maybe that will help convince them.

We have eaten there at least once on every cruise, since we have known about the Supper Club...:)

While some may say, "why pay more for something that is already paid for", we enjoy the evening of 'song, dance & diner'..

Ambiance is great, and the food is wonderful!:D

We are pre-booked on the Legend for the Golden Fleece in June 2009!!:p

It all depends on what $30 is worth to you. If you would spend $40-50 pp on land for a special occasion, then you will not be disappointed.

IMO the charge is nominal and well worth the experience. The quality of the food, level of service, and size of portions are all better than the main DR.

I don't think the supper club has vegetarian food, so you're daughter won't want to eat there.

There are no veggie entrees on the regular supper club menu, although I guess you could ask if you could order off-menu. If not, unless your DD is willing to settle for salads or eats fish or chicken, you may want to find other options for her.

There are no veggie entrees on the regular supper club menu, although I guess you could ask if you could order off-menu. If not, unless your DD is willing to settle for salads or eats fish or chicken, you may want to find other options for her.

That used to be the case, but now they have a vegetarian appetizer and entree available.

We have eaten there at least once on every cruise, since we have known about the Supper Club...:)

While some may say, "why pay more for something that is already paid for", we enjoy the evening of 'song, dance & dinner'.. Ambiance is great, and the food is wonderful!:D

(Hmmmmmm...m.m.m...... Wonder how I double-posted with a couple in-between???)

Based on positive comments here, the last time we cruised , I really wanted to eat in the supper club one night. I made reservations and all was set. Then, the morning we were supposed to go, my wife asked why we would go and pay an additional $90.00 (3 pp) when the main dining room was already included. I tried to explain to her about the quality and ambience, but she talked me out of it. Now we have booked on the Pride for June and are already having the same discussion.

So, to those who have tried it....is it really worth it? And what can I say to my family to convince them. They actually have a better argument this time than last time because our daughter has since become a vegetarian (yuk!). If it were up to me, I would change the initial for PETA to stand for People Eating Tasty Animals.

Thank you.

I absolutely LOVED the Supper Club. The $30pp is actually a STEAL considering what you get for the money. We celebrated our wedding anniversary at Harry's and that night was truly the highlight of our cruise. The food, ambiance, service, everything made us feel very special. The only thing that I regret is not asking for a "to go" bag! I couldn't finish the most amazing 24 oz. Porterhouse Steak I've had in a long time.

With that said, You can't force people to go to the Supper Club if they are stubbornly against it. If they go against their will and convinced that it's a waste of money, they won't enjoy it to the fullest. Some people will appreciate everything that the Supper Club has to offer. Others who are not willing (or can't) recognize all the superlatives, will probably NOT enjoy it.

We went to the Supper Club on night 6, and until that night, I thought that the food at the main dining room had been great. When we went back to the main dining room on night 7, I couldn't help but realize how ho-hum the food at the main dining room is, and how hurried and impersonal the service is.

It is well worth it.The food is much better and the ambiance? is awesome. I do not how old the third person is but if it is a young person please do not take them. There is something about the totally adult feelling that I love.

The supper club is not an adults only venue. If you really want adults only try P&O's Artemis or Arcadia.

While some may say, "why pay more for something that is already paid for", we enjoy the evening of 'song, dance & dinner'.. Ambiance is great, and the food is wonderful!:D

(Hmmmmmm...m.m.m...... Wonder how I double-posted with a couple in-between???)

Can you pre-book before you board? If so, how? Thx.

Debbie

Can you pre-book before you board? If so, how? Thx.

Debbie

When you sign in to 'My Cruise', by clicking on cruise info countdown on the CCL website.

Spa and Supper Club info is available on the left under plan activities , will ask you for guest info and such .

I was checking out the menu for the supper club on the Glory, and noticed that they have listed the dessert wine seperate from the other wines. And that these wines were priced according to 'bar prices'. I assume we pay for them, any idea how much? And, does this then mean that the dessert wine comes 'with the dessert' as part of the $30? I am a newbie, and thinking seriously about reserving a time for the supper club. I am not a big drinker, but I do enjoy a nice wine with a nice meal. I don't care for excessively dry wines, but would love any suggestions you might have.

We have cruised on several cruises. We have read so many reviews I could not even guess a number. I have only read 2 reviews that said they would not pay the extra money again. When you look at that percentage you cannot get that many people to agree that air is a good thing. So I would say it is worth the experience. Saying all of that we have never made it to the supper club. We always intend to go and never do. Maybe have to try it in April.

My husband and I treated ourselves to nick and noras supper club last year on the carnival miracle, it was amazing. the food, the service were incrediable. it was so good we went back twice during the remainder of our cruise. the setting is like an old NYC night club, quiet tables, music and dancing. we are again cruising on the miracle this fall and look foward to a special dinner.

When me and my wife last cruised we went to the Supper Club. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Now we will always go once per cruise. The food was as they say "Prime". We don't take the kids now 18 and 15 they enjoy going to the dining room by themselves as there night out. The biggest difference besides the quality difference is the more relaxed atmosphere. We enjoy the dining room when we go but it is louder and more fast paced. I was told the differnce in price was for the tips to all the wait staff in the Supper Club. When you look at it that way you will feel that it is a great value.

I was checking out the menu for the supper club on the Glory, and noticed that they have listed the dessert wine seperate from the other wines. And that these wines were priced according to 'bar prices'. I assume we pay for them, any idea how much? And, does this then mean that the dessert wine comes 'with the dessert' as part of the $30? I am a newbie, and thinking seriously about reserving a time for the supper club. I am not a big drinker, but I do enjoy a nice wine with a nice meal. I don't care for excessively dry wines, but would love any suggestions you might have.

The $30.00 covers the meal and the tip. It does not cover wine which is charged additionally. You can also choose to tip extra.

The Supper Club has a different wine list than the dining room, i.e., more expensive. But if you found a wine you like in the dining room, you can order it in the Supper Club.

We love the supper club, have eaten in the supper club on 3 different ships on Carnival and never been disappointed.

I am not sure if they serve vegetarian dishes in the supper club but there are several fish dishes, does your daughter eat fish? ( I know there are several levels of vegetarians) If she does they have lobster and also another fish dish that I don't recall. I always go for the lamb because it's most excellent, my hubby loves the 24 oz porterhouse that is a challange to finish.

If I eat the Lobster bisque in the supper club before they have it in the dining room, then I'm ruined for the Lobster bisque anywhere else.

Never know unless you try, however if you're not foodies it might not be worth it to you. Most think it is, but there are some that do not.

Have fun whatever you do!!!

Carole

There is room for all of God's creatures... right next to the baked potato and salad.

That's a great one!!! I have to remember that!!! I was expecting a couple of "hate notes" from PETA members, but even if I get some, it will be worth it after this line!!!:D

I simply LOVE the Supper Club and try to book a night there whenever my cruise ship has one. I love the ambiance, the special attention to detail, and the general finer dining experience.

Neither of my traveling companions appreciated the experience, however, including my 2 girlfriends and my husband. All of them felt it was a waste of $30 when Carnival's dining rooms provide sufficiently high-quality service.

One thing I will not do again is eat there on my birthday! On the last cruise, only one of my waiters could be bothered singing happy birthday to me as they brought my cake. In our regular dining room i'm sure more would have sang to me!

Archived