Confused on Tipping

katt

We signed up for My Time Dining and pre-paid the tips, which is fine with us as that is what we are used to on other lines. I thought it was explained that these tips were for all staff not just My Time Dining staff.

I have been reading all posts I find on tipping and now I am a bit confused. Can someone help unconfuse me please? Do we still tip the room steward etc the recommended tips in addition to the pre-paid tips we signed up for with MTD or is is truly all inclusive except for any extra you choose to give?

Thanks,

We signed up for My Time Dining and pre-paid the tips, which is fine with us as that is what we are used to on other lines. I thought it was explained that these tips were for all staff not just My Time Dining staff.

I have been reading all posts I find on tipping and now I am a bit confused. Can someone help unconfuse me please? Do we still tip the room steward etc the recommended tips in addition to the pre-paid tips we signed up for with MTD or is is truly all inclusive except for any extra you choose to give?

Thanks,

Your prepaid tips are for everyone. Cabin Attendant, Waiter, Assistant Waiter and Headwaiter.

If you want to give them more at the end of your cruise you can do that. ;)

If you sign up for My Time dining, they ask that you pre-pay the tips for the dining staff. That is just for the dining room staff only. You can also pre-pay your tipping for your cabin steward, but that is additional and has nothing to do with My Time Dining. Hope that clears it up for you.

I think the previous poster was a liitle confused by the way you worded it........."We signed up for My Time Dining and pre-paid the tips". You can't sign up for the My Time Dining without pre-paying the dining room tips. Again, that has nothing to do with your cabin steward.

If you sign up for My Time dining, they ask that you pre-pay the tips for the dining staff. That is just for the dining room staff only. You can also pre-pay your tipping for your cabin steward, but that is additional and has nothing to do with My Time Dining. Hope that clears it up for you.

I think the previous poster was a liitle confused by the way you worded it........."We signed up for My Time Dining and pre-paid the tips". You can't sign up for the My Time Dining without pre-paying the dining room tips. Again, that has nothing to do with your cabin steward.

I am sorry, ziggypup, but you are just wrong.

Pre-paying your tips on Royal Caribbean means pre-paying ALL of your tips. They don't separate them out. Alexis explained it correctly.

The reason for them requiring it is because of My Time Dining, but the pre-paid tips are for the whole regular kit and kaboodle. If you are in a JS or lower, that means $9.75 per day per person paid beforehand on your credit card.

I am sorry, ziggypup, but you are just wrong.

Pre-paying your tips on Royal Caribbean means pre-paying ALL of your tips. They don't separate them out. Alexis explained it correctly.

The reason for them requiring it is because of My Time Dining, but the pre-paid tips are for the whole regular kit and kaboodle. If you are in a JS or lower, that means $9.75 per day per person paid beforehand on your credit card.

We were just on Navigator and pre-paid our tips in order to have My Time Dining. Carol is correct (no surprise there) and ziggypup is misinformed. All tips, including the tip for the room steward, are included. You will receive vouchers and envelopes towards the end of the cruise but the staff will receive their tips whether or not you distribute them.

We were just on Navigator and pre-paid our tips in order to have My Time Dining. Carol is correct (no surprise there) and ziggypup is misinformed. All tips, including the tip for the room steward, are included. You will receive vouchers and envelopes towards the end of the cruise but the staff will receive their tips whether or not you distribute them.

I agree, we just signed up for MTD on our Independence cruise and the tips were $78.00 per person,(8days x $9.75), so the tips were prepaid in the suggested amount for everyone

That is incorrect. You must pre-pay ALL of your tips if you are doing MTD. And remember that the dining portion of your tips covers all of the waiters that serve you during your cruise including breakfast and lunch and the windjammer crew. Some people think that they are just for dinner.

Archived