Safe place to go in Costa Rica with a 4yr old boy?

Florida_cruisers

I have a son who by the time of our cruise to Costa Rica will be 4 years old. Obviously, we are limited on what we can do and where we can go on our vacations, and we are ok with that. We know that ziplining and rafting is out of the question as well as some excursions with some wild animals (my son is very daring). What excursions would you recommend for us?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know which port you will be in, we were in Puerto Caldera. We went to Tourbouri Park which would be appropriate for a 4 year old. They had an enclosure with iguanas, butterflies, nature trails ect...it would be a long walk for a 4 year old, but it is not a hard walk (about a mile or two, but takes a couple of hours). You would just have to watch and make sure that he stays on the trails. If an adult wanted to go ziplining after the nature walk someone could wait at the entrance for the others. Hope this helps!

I think he would love the Tortuguero Canal tour by boat. You see tons of wildlife and it is very fun. We were very limited on time but in about 20 minutes we saw multiple sloths, iguanas, lizards, all kinds of different birds, etc. I think if you go the whole route you have a good chance of seeing crocs (or alligators, not sure which) and monkeys too.

Archived