RCL - Shop, sightsee & beach getaway

gr82cu2

When we did this in 2007 it went to Boo Boo Jam on Orient Beach. Of the tours we booked from the ship and we only booked 2 that way, this was by far the better. We had time to shop in Phillipsberg before we left and when we returned in addition to the tour. The other ports we just got a taxi paid him a fee and had him for the whole day which in hindsight was a much better way to go and even though we didn't do that here I think it would be easy to do as if I remember there were plenty of cabs available. What I prefer about doing that is you don't pay until you finish and you get to stop whenever and wherever you want. Not to mention, our cab drivers were some of the best tour guides I've ever had, since they live there they know a lot about the place and at least on the islands I did it that way they were always happy to chat and show you some of the out of the ordinary things that the tours just blow by! We did it this way on St. Lucia, Antiuga, and Barbados and for 4 of us the average was about $100 for the cab for the day! Not bad for a "private car/driver."

Archived