Comments on Stone Island Beach Getaway MZ15 Please!

Was just wondering if anyone has done this tour and if all ages can go, we have a one year old with our group and are trying to find a fun tour for all. RC web does not mention any restrictions. Is the lunch safe to eat? Are venders a problem? Thanks for any info.

If you are referring to Stone Island in Matzatlan, I'm not sure why I would pay to do anything. For very little money, you can take a small boat to the island, and then walk, either way on the road to reach the beach.

In all of the years that I have been going there, I normally will ride a horse in the morning (there are several companies that have horseback rides), and then it's off to Victor's for lunch.:)

The grilled shrimp are about the best that I have ever tasted and we head to Victor's for lunch....even if we don't go horseback riding.

What does the cruiseline offer on that tour??

Rick

I agree with Rick. If you head over to Ports of Call for the Mexican Riviera you will find several posts that tell you how to get there on your own very inexpensively. Stone Island is my favorite and always the day I look forward to most on my Mexican Riviera cruises. Mazatlan 4 times = Stone Island 4 times. Although I ride with Randi (she arranges transportation) and have never ventured to get there on my own, many others have with no issues. I highly recommend a day on Stone Island. When we are sitting at Victor's we always comment that it is our own little Corona commercial.

Vendors can be a problem, no matter where you go - but we were just there a few weeks ago and didn't have any problems. A simple No Thank You works - there as well as all other ports. :) Enjoy!

That's great! Are you doing this tour?

Yes, doing the tour with Randi (but her email said Randa)?

I emailed her with all my questions and she got right back to me. She told me no age restrictions!

They pick you up and take you back. I know we could do all this on our own, but I wanted to be sure we had 4 horses ready for us.

It's all cash only over there, so be sure to bring what bills you need.

I can't wait and my girls are SO excited. I can't wait to eat shrimp and have a beer:D

Archived