Seattle Hotel

vbayly

We just booked Alaska on RCL out of Seattle for Aug 2010. We are looking or a recommendation for a hotel downtown which preferably has a airport shuttle. We would like a hotel in a place where we can just go out and wander around.

Also, how far is the pier from downtown? And the airport from downtown?

Thanks in advance!

Vicki

Do you know what pier your ship will be at? The piers are in downtown Seattle which is about 20-25 minutes with no traffic from the airport.

As far as hotels, The Westin is central for walking although not to the pier, there is a waterfront Marriott, I believe across from pier 66, might not be your pier, it is a bit of a walk into town , a few blocks.

I have also stayed at a few others. I like to stay where I can walk to the Pike place Market, Nordstroms, monorail to the space needle, etc. So if you find the Westin on a travel site look in that area.

Do you know what pier your ship will be at? The piers are in downtown Seattle which is about 20-25 minutes with no traffic from the airport.

As far as hotels, The Westin is central for walking although not to the pier, there is a waterfront Marriott, I believe across from pier 66, might not be your pier, it is a bit of a walk into town , a few blocks.

I have also stayed at a few others. I like to stay where I can walk to the Pike place Market, Nordstroms, monorail to the space needle, etc. So if you find the Westin on a travel site look in that area.

I dont know about the pier - I have never been to Seattle let alone take a cruise out of there. I have done Alaska before but out of Vancouver.

How did you get to the hotel from the airport?

Oh.....you found the west coast board!

You can cab it, or take the grayline downtown airporter or shuttle express......

seattle is a great town....VERY hilly! I suggest a bus tour of the area if you dont have a lot of time........

the space needle is nice, but there is a MUCH better view from the Columbia Tower office building. Do NOT eat at the needle....it's overpriced and NOT great...not bad, but there are TONS of places to eat in town.

Archived