Military Question

cvrap

I went to make final payment today on all of our cabins. They had removed the military rate on the military reservation saying I had not sent the papers in. I faxed them to Interline number. I went thru a TA at an online agency. She is not with the agency any longer and I understand why. She was horrible!!! Anyway, we've got to wait until Monday to see if we can straighten out. Anyone else had this happen?

I really don't think that is an issue at this point...! Your TA probably "dropped the ball" so to speak! :o

Wait until Monday (unless you can get hold of someone now), then call the TA 'site' and see what they can do..

CCL won't talk to you directly since you booked with a TA (online site)..

I booked a cruise with NCL and sent the 'paperwork' in more than a month later...:)

Another reason why I always deal directly with CCL... especially with 'military'..! You must have got a 'friends and family' deal, having booked multiple cabins..:D Good luck...

On my first cruise I sent the paperwork in right away. On my second cruise, the Carnival TA said I wouldn't need to send it in because I sent it in last time and it should be on file. So I didn't......and then I got that lovely email a few days later saying I haven't complied with the military discount obligation (sending in a copy of my mil ID). I called that Carnival TA right away and I faxed her a copy, and she told them what happened (that it was her fault) and our military discount was applied.

Thankfully, it's just one cabin that's military. They say they've changed it to past guest rate which is now over $100 pp more. This is my mom and stepfather and they sailed on our last cruise and we sent the paperwork in then. Carnival should have it on file but the agency says you have to send it in everytime. I did send it but sent it late. They say they don't even have it though. Hopefully, Monday we can get it fixed.

Yes, that happened to us also with the Carnival PVP. I didn't realize she didn't apply the discount. I know that I should have checked closer but it was the first time we got the military rate - shame on me By the time I did realize it, we had made final payment and the price on the cruise itself had gone up. Even though I had a fax confirmation, Carnival did not honor it. And, the PVP was no longer with Carnival either. I would hope your TA takes care of it for you.

Archived