Passover on HAL?

uromac

Hi!

We are booked for the first time on HAL - Eurodam 4/11, and were wondering what the cruise line does for Passover. Please tell us if there is a service/seder available, or what food accomodations are available (matzoh, special offerings, etc.). We are reform, so we are realistic on what we are going to eat - especially on a cruise!

Thanks!

Melissa :)

Thanks -

I'll give them a call - as it's just my husband and me we really don't need a formal seder, but I was just curious if they provided matzoh, and perhaps a special dessert that was kosher for Passover.

We were just wondering about any opinions or helpful tips from anyone who has been on board during the holiday. We have been on Celebrity during Passover, but we are really looking forward to trying the HAL cuisine and all the culinary delights the Eurodam has to offer!

Thanks again!

Melissa :)

Melissa, here is some additional information from HAL's website:

"Religious Services

Jewish. A Sabbath Eve is held each week. Anyone wishing to volunteer to lead this service should contact the Cruise Director. A Rabbi is on board for High Holiday services.

Dietary Needs

Special dietary needs, such as vegetarian, diabetic or gluten-free meals, are easily accommodated with advance requests. Kosher meals and a Health Conscious Dining option are also available. To arrange special meals, please contact the Ship Services Department at 800-541-1576 at least 60 days prior to departure."

Melissa, if you are leaving on April 11th, then you are not going to be on the ship during the seders. The first seder is the 8th. If you are reform, I assume that you do not observe any dietary restrictions during the balance of the week. I'm also assuming you are talking about departing this April 11th. I have not check the calendar for next year.

Archived