Specialty restaurant reservations

kad

I just tried booking a reservation online for the Tuscan Grill on the Celebrity Solstice. It is completely sold out except for 10 pm some nights and on the first night of the cruise. Any suggestions on how I can get in? Cruising April 12, 09.

I just tried booking a reservation online for the Tuscan Grill on the Celebrity Solstice. It is completely sold out except for 10 pm some nights and on the first night of the cruise. Any suggestions on how I can get in? Cruising April 12, 09.

I would book what is available and then go to the Tuscan Grille after you board the ship and inquire whether they can change your reservation to a more desirable time. Many people change their specialty restaurant reservations on the first day.

Someone had recently posted that a certain percentage of reservations are allocated for passengers that don't (or cannot) make their reservations online. As e.c.cruiser said, make a reservation online, then when you board, head to the Tuscan Grille and have the maitre d', hostess, etc.,change to a more agreeable time. If it was me, I'd do so as soon as possible after boarding, as there will likely be lots of other diners wanting to do the same thing.

Have a wonderful cruise.

If you are a Captains Club member you can call the Captains Club and make your ressies with them....you won't get a confirmation but when I boarded I checked with Murano's and my ressie was there for 7:30, just as I had asked:D

We had the same issues for booking specialty restaurants prior to sailing. We are CC members and called to make reservations. There wasn't a lot available even to the CC members. We boarded Solstice about noon on the day of departure and the first thing we went to were the restaurants we wanted to dine at. We named the time and date.....they made the reservation for that time and date. Make it a priority to go the the restaurants once onboard and make your reservations.

Thanks for your reply. We decided to just do that. Go straight to the restaurant as soon as we board. We are CC members. So far Celebrity is not treating us very well. Today we were informed that they have moved our dining time from the late seating to the main seating because of overbooking on their part. We are furious. We have sent them a protest e-mail but so far have not heard back from them. Any suggestions?

Archived