New to Carnival

CaribKng

Can anyone tell me what they think of the Carnival Victory and Carnival in general? My wife and I are new to cruising and experienced our first cruise in February on the NCL Dawn. We are anxious to go on our next cruise and have seen an itinerary with Carnival we both really like, but do not know much about the cruiseline itself. Thanks in advance!

Check out my signature, and you will see that I'm not a Carnival newbie. The Victory just doesn't happen to be one of my favorites. It's one of their largest ships, and a nice one. That class ship just happens to have an odd layout,and it's not always easy to navigate. I have been on it 3 times (due to ports I wanted to visit), and I still can get lost on that ship. If you liked NCL, you will Love Carnival. I've only been on 2 different lines, but still prefer Carnival overall. There is a more exciting fun atmosphere on Carnival ships. You can really feel it onboard. So book your cruise, go, enjoy, and be prepared to want More.

Welcome to Carnival.:)

My cruise history tells all about what I think of Carnival and my webshots pics (below) contain TWO cruises on the VICTORY(although most definitely not my favorite class of Carnival ship either).

I've sailed Carnival on four different times and have enjoyed every one! I've never sailed on the Victory, but have sailed from one extreme (Jubilee) to the other (Liberty). The Victory would be a class in between those two. I think you will have a great time and be ready to go again!!!

we loved it. you should learn the layout to get around the first day or two. not a problem really. the valor was our second and had the same design, only slightly larger. we love carnivals activitys, and the fun factor was better for us than the one rccl cruise we were on. we would have fun on any cruise line though.

Welcome to Carnival! I have never sailed the Victory, but I have been on 6 Carnival cruises and I love them! It is good value for your money, lots of fun, and there is something to do for everyone! You can do as much or as little as YOU want to!

Archived