Lectures on Azamara Journey?

I've searched both the Azamara forum and the Baltics forum and can't find any information regarding whether Azamara Journey offers onboard lectures during its 12-night cruise. We leave Copenhagen June 18 and visit Berlin, Helsinki, St. Petersburg, Tallinn, and Stockholm.

TIA,

Sam

Hi, my Mom and I did this cruise last summer and it was amazing. There are lectures on the Journey which are informative and interesting. They replay them on the tv if you miss one in person. Subjects include the history of the areas visited (particularly Russia), how to tell fake souveniers from the real thing, art of the musuems, and food. The speakers were highly educated and even though I had done much research on the area I still learned something new. It made the tours all the more meaningful. Do yourself a favor and try to eat at the seafood resturant as much as you can. It seems from the website (at least to me) that there was some sort of limit on the times you could eat at either Aqualina or the steak house but that did not hold true once onboard. We ate there almost nightly (we did call ahead for reservations very early) and it was some of the best food I've ever eatten. Wait staff there is fabulous. We also were too worn out from touring some days to go to the main dining room and they will serve you dinner from the main dining room menu in your cabin if you call them. Your steward can provide you with a menu. It was really the trip of a lifetime and we still correspond with friends we met onboard. Enjoy yourself!

Hi, my Mom and I did this cruise last summer and it was amazing. There are lectures on the Journey which are informative and interesting. They replay them on the tv if you miss one in person. Subjects include the history of the areas visited (particularly Russia), how to tell fake souveniers from the real thing, art of the musuems, and food. The speakers were highly educated and even though I had done much research on the area I still learned something new. It made the tours all the more meaningful. Do yourself a favor and try to eat at the seafood resturant as much as you can. It seems from the website (at least to me) that there was some sort of limit on the times you could eat at either Aqualina or the steak house but that did not hold true once onboard. We ate there almost nightly (we did call ahead for reservations very early) and it was some of the best food I've ever eatten. Wait staff there is fabulous. We also were too worn out from touring some days to go to the main dining room and they will serve you dinner from the main dining room menu in your cabin if you call them. Your steward can provide you with a menu. It was really the trip of a lifetime and we still correspond with friends we met onboard. Enjoy yourself!

Hi Catherine -

Thanks for your upbeat note. We're on the Azamara Journey also, and I've learned from many others that Aqualina is a superb restaurant. We're in a sky suite and "automatically" get 3 nights of specialty restaurants, but many have said it's worth eating there every night. We're touring Saint Petersburg with Viktoria of SP-B Tours, and we're really looking forward to it, as well as our other destinations. It's good to hear from a past passenger of the same ship that it's a great cruise.

Archived