Seapass Account

webbdavis

I have to agree with webbdavis, not a problme. The only thing I'd add is it can't hurt to call them bank and let them know you'll be traveling. Our bank has questioned out of town charges in the past, and by calling them ahead of time I have piece of mind that they won't put a hold on the card unexpectedly.

Let your bank/credit union know that you will be doing this. You have a daily limit on your debit card (normally) and your sea pass charges may exceed this. Also, I have read that a hold is put on your debit card at the beginning of the cruise so you need to make sure you have plenty available and that your financial instituion will allow the full amount to go through when your sea pass account is cleared up at the end of your cruise.

Have fun!

I just read about this a couple weeks ago. RCCL will put a hold on a fixed amount at embarkation. They will tally your seapass usage daily and charge the bank. The original hold can sometimes take up to 30 days to be lifted - this is a bank thing, not the cruise line. Check with RCCL to find out what the initial hold will be and make sure you keep more than that in the account for a while after you return home.

Archived