Guavaberry Colada

BornToBeABeachBum

I would assume you could get it at any bar. Guavaberry rum is sold on the island. There's a store named Guavaberry Emporium on Front Street. They sell the liquor there, and have samples of Guavaberry Colada. We tried it and it was excellent. They also sell other interesting flavors of rum, including vanilla almond (which I really like).

BTW, the recipe that comes with the bottle says to fill a blender 1/3 full with ice. Add one two ounces Guavaberry rum, one ounce Coconut Cream and 3 ounces pineapple juice. We brought the bottle with us for Thanksgiving and we all had the Coladas.

At the Guavaberry Emporium you can get samples, but you can also but full size ones in souviner(sp?) cups! :)

DON'T MISS IT!!!!!!!

They are wonderful, and enough reason for me to return to St. Marteen. We get one on each way when we are walking up the street, then again before we go back to the ship. :)

Also,

I agree, the bbq sauce and the steak sauce are great! We have the coladas around the pool in summer, YUM! This year we had a whole party, with grilled steaks and bbq chicken It was a great way to relive our stop at St. Marteen. It is the only liquor that I bother dragging back from my cruise. If you buy the sauces and plan a party for 'home' be sure to get a rum cake to have for desert.

I'm not sure guavaberry liqueur is a rum. It's a sweet liqueur. Anyone know for sure? If you go down Front St., there are other shops that sell guavaberry liqueur as well as several other St. Martin liqueurs--the mango is great and the lime goes well as a "splash" in margaritas. Most shops do tastings. I think the small bottles (50 ml) we bought cost about $1.5 each. We got them to give as part of gift packs and to have a variety of fun things for home. (Besides, we had already bought several 750 ml bottles of other goodies and had no more room in the wine/liquor shipping box. lol.)

beachchick

it's $18-22 a bottle, I can't remember. Some of the liquor stores also carry guavaberry but not the original kind. I think it tastes the same, but I find myself going back to the real thing...sentimental probably. I think the drink in a plastic cup was just a few bucks. They have a website you can check out... http://www.guavaberry.com.

• 1 month later...
I have read about this drink called a Guavaberry Colada and it sounds very interesting. Any ideas of where to get one in Philipsburg?

Holland House Hotel on the beach , steps away from the water taxi drop, serves a great one. See this thread for more. That was our first experience with them and they've become DW's favorite tropical cocktail. As noted above though there are many options!

• 2 weeks later...

Just brought back a 3 pack sold at the Guavaberry Emporium...$45 for three bottles in own carrying basket, plus they throw in three small samples of other liqueurs and a Tshirt. We plan on having a picture sharing party next month with our relatives who sailed on this cruise with us...everyone will bring liquor they bought on the islands and we will have blender drinks while we re-live our cruise. My DW and I will be making guavaberry coladas, SIL will make Pina Coladas, etc. Should be fun. Paul

Archived