Cabin Hogs - Talk about service?

shamda

A couple of years ago we sailed on the Grand and loved the cabin we had. Yesterday I called Princess to see if I can book the same cabin on the Caribbean Princess for a future trip in May 2005. The agent on the phone told me the cabin was available but that he could not sell it to me because they were holding it for someone that would book a 14 day back to back cruise. What kind of business practice is this? This is service? Bah,,,,I think he made up my mind to to on RCL or Celebrity. He can have his cabin. What happened to the days when these cruiselines wanted to please there customers? Now it is all about $$$ and how they can give us less and charge us more.

The agent on the phone told me the cabin was available but that he could not sell it to me because they were holding it for someone that would book a 14 day back to back cruise. ...What happened to the days when these cruiselines wanted to please there customers? Now it is all about $$$ and how they can give us less and charge us more.

It sounds to me like the cruiseline is trying to please its customer - the one who already has the cabin on hold for a 14-day b2b. I don't understand how this translates into "$$$ and how they can give us less and charge us more."

Sorry, my post was not clear. Nobody put a hold on the cabin. Princess is just holding it for someone that wants to cruise back 2 back hoping someone will come along. The cabin is not sold and nobody put a hold on it.

I'm absolutely not questioning your veracity, but that doesn't pass the smell test. It just doesn't ring true as corporate policy. The agent you talked with may be doing a friend a personal favor. I'd either have a TA make a booking request, or call Princess again and talk to a different agent. If you get the same response, insist on speaking with a supervisor.

I have never heard of Princess or any line doing this before. In fact, we have tried to book back to backs and had to switch cabins around before until we found one we could have for both sailings. I would either give them another call and try again or contact a TA that can check this out for you. TA's seem to be able to do some things that we can not.

Best of Luck!

Archived