Questions about Bermuda/traveling with a baby

Savaann618

I'm a newbie on cruisecritic so please bear with me!

I am cruising on the Dawn to Bermuda in May. I am traveling with my parents (late 50's) my husband (non swimmer) and my 6 month old. I'm wondering if anyone knows of the best beach for us - calm water, chair rental available and snorkeling? I am also wondering if while we are in port do they still offer activities on the ship in the evening (ie game shows etc)? Can I ask for the coffee table in my room to be removed (AF cabin)? If anyone has tips on traveling with a small baby on NCL or to Bermuda I'd appreciate it.

I'm a newbie on cruisecritic so please bear with me!

I am cruising on the Dawn to Bermuda in May. I am traveling with my parents (late 50's) my husband (non swimmer) and my 6 month old. I'm wondering if anyone knows of the best beach for us - calm water, chair rental available and snorkeling? I am also wondering if while we are in port do they still offer activities on the ship in the evening (ie game shows etc)? Can I ask for the coffee table in my room to be removed (AF cabin)? If anyone has tips on traveling with a small baby on NCL or to Bermuda I'd appreciate it.

Welcome to CC!:)

The best beach from King's Wharf is probably Horseshoe Bay.:D When you enter the beach, on the right side is a very calm area perfect for children and they rent chairs though snorkeling is only fair. You could also go to Snorkel Park right at King's Wharf but you don't want to miss Horseshoe Bay!;) And yes, there will be evening activities onboard while in port though the bigger productions/shows are usually held while at sea. You can also find a lot more detail about Bermuda beaches and activities in the Bermuda Forum! Enjoy!

Make sure you bring everything your child will bring with you. There is a grocery store about 2 blocks from where the ship docks, but when we were there last May, things were so expensive. IE $5 for a 2 liter of coke, $16 for a small chicken, the baby supplies were limited and the diapers were highway robbery. The weather is real nice though, the water may be a little cool for swimming, I wore jeans and a 3/4 sleave sweater and did not get hot when we were out walking around the town, to the right there is a big hill, it goes by the military housing, about a 2 mile trek up and around, but the view is worth it. We saw a chicken on the way and I told my hubbie, if I lived there I would be chasing the chicken instead of buying 1. lol

I'll add another vote for Horseshoe Bay. The right side of the beach is very calm (unless there is a hurricane coming, which is unlikely in may :) ) but they do rent chairs and umbrellas. Food is sort of expensive there, but it's like that all over the island. I went on the Dawn last July and plan on going this August, I think you'll have a great time!

I enjoyed having our sling for island travel. There probably won't be carseats available and having him strapped to my hubby's chest in the sling made me feel better about riding on buses/taxis. Maybe a false sense of security, but it helped! :) And then of course, just bring all their food/drinks with you. If you formula feed, def look into the single serving packets (makes 4 oz at a time), they're less bulky for the diaper bag.

We were on the Jewel in March w/our 10 month old, so if you want some more pointers, you can email me! It was our 1st time crusing w/him so I'm no expert, but would be happy to help. My email is elk4322@hotmail.com

I went to Bermuda on the Dawn last year when my DD was 7mo. Horseshoe Bay is your best bet and is an easy bus ride from the Pier. We also went to Snorkel Park but found it to be a bit dirty. There was plenty to do on the boat while in dock so dodn't worry about that. We had the table and chair taken out of our AC cabin so the pank n play would fit. We just asked the stewart and he did it right away. All the staff on the boat was supper nice to DD. Have a great cruise.

Archived