Traveling to Bermuda with a Baby

Savaann618

Hello! I will be cruising NCL to Bermuda in May. I am traveling with my parents (late 50's), husband (non swimmer) and 6 month old. I am wondering if there is beach that is perfect for us - with calm water, snorkeling and chair rental available? Does anyone have tips or advice on traveling to Bermuda with a baby? What are must sees/dos? Any child friendly restaurants? Any info you can share will help me out a lot! Thanks!

We took our 6-month old to BDA in 2006 and it worked well. He'll be back this May (will be 2 then). IMO Bermuda was a very good choice to take an infant. Relative to many of the Caribbean ports it is safe, clean, and easy to obtain formula, food, diapers, etc. if needed. The buses are also easy to use with a little one, but remember to only bring an umbrella stroller on the buses, the larger convertible strollers are frowned upon.

We went to Jobson's Cove for the beach. The protected cove was perfect for his first dip in the ocean. Be aware though that there are no facilities at this beach. Nearby Horeshoe Bay has concession and rental gear, but is more crowded and not quite as protected, but still should be fine. Our little one really enjoyed the Bermuda aquarium. The fish and associated "zoo" were a big hit.

Enjoy!

Archived