Hotel Cicerone

Assuming you mean the one in Rome...

Yes, they have air conditioning.

It is not in my favorite part of town -- I prefer to be close to ancient Rome. It is on the Vatican side of the river but not all that close to the Vatican. On the plus side, there are lots of good restaurants around.

Assuming you mean the one in Rome...

Yes, they have air conditioning.

It is not in my favorite part of town -- I prefer to be close to ancient Rome. It is on the Vatican side of the river but not all that close to the Vatican. On the plus side, there are lots of good restaurants around.

I am so sorry, I did mean Rome. Thanks for the information.

Marilee

I also booked 2 days in this hotel. It was recommended by RC and is also on trip advisor. when I gave this hotel for a pick up from our tour company, they emailed me back and said "nice hotel" They do have AC and is close to the Vatican. Madmarti ;)

We are aslo staying in this hotel via Royal carribean the other hotel that they offered was way out of town and although cheaper would have meant taxis or buses to get to the main tourist sites. According to the blurb on the hotel website it is only a 5 minute walk to the metro and we will be buying a pass to get us around .

Hotel looks fine allegedly 4 star but this is subjective as far as I am concerned will make my own mind up when I see it. More important for me is that RC pick you up from airport deliver you to hotel and then to ship. Peace of mind as far as I am concerned.

I am of course making an assumption that RC would check out the hotels they offer to ensure customer satisfaction.

Cheers

Scotslizzy

Hi MARGORD -

Have been for several times in Rome with my friends - Two years during a trip with an organised tour, I've been staying at Cicerone Hotel -

Such Htl provides its clients with air conditioned rooms - No noice in the surroundings - One can say that is centrally located cause is nearby St. Peter's Basilica that can be reached on foot-

According to my opinion is a good hotel that can be suggested.

Bye by Gunther

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

uote=margord;18756191]Does anyone know anything about this hotel? Does it have air conditioning and is it in a good location?

I also booked 2 days in this hotel. It was recommended by RC and is also on trip advisor. when I gave this hotel for a pick up from our tour company, they emailed me back and said "nice hotel" They do have AC and is close to the Vatican. Madmarti ;)

Yeah to the AC. Hopefully it really works. We had a hotel in Paris once with AC but we had to open the windows as their idea of AC and mine were very different.

We are aslo staying in this hotel via Royal carribean the other hotel that they offered was way out of town and although cheaper would have meant taxis or buses to get to the main tourist sites. According to the blurb on the hotel website it is only a 5 minute walk to the metro and we will be buying a pass to get us around .

Hotel looks fine allegedly 4 star but this is subjective as far as I am concerned will make my own mind up when I see it. More important for me is that RC pick you up from airport deliver you to hotel and then to ship. Peace of mind as far as I am concerned.

I am of course making an assumption that RC would check out the hotels they offer to ensure customer satisfaction.

Cheers

Scotslizzy

Same here on the peace of mind part. We are there post cruise with Princess. They take us from the port ot the hotel and from the hotel to the air port.

Marilee

Hi MARGORD -

Have been for several times in Rome with my friends - Two years during a trip with an organised tour, I've been staying at Cicerone Hotel -

Such Htl provides its clients with air conditioned rooms - No noice in the surroundings - One can say that is centrally located cause is nearby St. Peter's Basilica that can be reached on foot-

According to my opinion is a good hotel that can be suggested.

Bye by Gunther

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Gunther

We stayed here pre-cruise.

As others have said, the pros for us we could walk from the hotel to the spanish steps, trevi fountain area. And the hotel is close to a metro stop. Which we used to get to the Colosseum.

One thing I do remember is that the beds were extremely hard and made it difficult for me to sleep...I thought it was just me, but now I see this is a common complaint on tripadvisor. haha.

We stayed here pre-cruise.

As others have said, the pros for us we could walk from the hotel to the spanish steps, trevi fountain area. And the hotel is close to a metro stop. Which we used to get to the Colosseum.

One thing I do remember is that the beds were extremely hard and made it difficult for me to sleep...I thought it was just me, but now I see this is a common complaint on tripadvisor. haha.

Thanks for the information. We will be there 3 nights. I guess I can put up with the hard bed for that time. I will look forward to my soft bed at home for when we leave this hotel. Thanks again.

Archived