NOS Review 3/19 Though 3/23

My wife and I just returned from the Navigator sailing from the 19th through the 23rd.I will not go into details on the embark or debark as that has been covered so many times. I really did not notice the smoke as it did not seem to bother us as another reviewer on this ship said in another post. First the ship is beautiful,clean, and the staff was excellent. I really thought our cruise director was good, although others in past forums haven't agreed. We ate in Chops,and Portifino the first two nights and MTD the last two. I can honestly tell you that the MDR food was good. Soups not so much. I do not suggest eating at the specialty restaurants before the MDR because the dining room become's a bit of a let down after having two AMAZING meals. I was really looking forward to trying the famous Honey Stung Chicken but was dissapointed. Chicken Parm in Windjammer was really good as was everything else. I consider myself a pretty knowledgeable eater and I really can't understand the massive complaints people have about the food on these cruise ships. The shows were good we did miss the second night production show "BALLROOM DANCIN" Comedian was hilarious as well as Comedian/Magician. Love and Marriage game was funny as usual, and I still can't get over how crazy people will get in Quest for what CD Simeon Baker Quoted "You are only playing for a free Key chain People" Cozumel was okay as it is the third cruise in a row that has gone there. How many times can you see the same stuff in every store. My wife and I after lunch, cheap souvenirs, and seeing Carlos and Charlie's sat on a bench in the main mall in Cozumel board thinking what we should do next. We ended up taking a Horse and Buggy Tour which ended up being great. Last day on our cruise wasn't the best weather we had a 100KM head wind and 4 to 6 meter waves. My wife was already claiming she felt the ship rocking the whole cruise now this was worse. It truly is amazing how little you do feel the boat move in this type of weather. it really is a shame b/c I know my wife enjoyed the vacation but she is really motion sensitive and I hope this won't affect us going on in the future. We ate in Johnny Rockets the last day which was very filling. Last night late night Comedian was great, we almost missed it because I could have sworn I saw that he was playing in the Ixtapa lounge so we missed the first 10 minutes. All in all a great trip!

A few quick tips

1. Do not sign up for cash pay on seapass. We own a business and prefer to pay with cash but never again. It def takes time away from your cruise

2. In Photo Store make sure that if you purchase pictures to be printed at the kiosk you do not let the person working there charge your seapass card as well. This happened and I was denied Debark when a random charge for $20 showed up after we settled our account. We went to photo lab and the Manager acknoweleged that the person who over charged us keeps making the same mistake.

3. Make sure you always have your C&A coupon book with you. We really did miss out on some things that we used.

We ate at Johnny Rockets as well and were not really impressed. I loved the magician, the comedian, quest and love and marriage - all hilarious. I wish we would have tried Chops or Portifino - maybe next time. I liked Simeon I thought he did a wonderful job. I am glad you had as much fun as we did.

You have to try them. Wife LOVED Chops . What did you think about the seas the last day?

It made the trip home interesting for sure. I think the equivalent of 55mph winds. I think the ship was pretty steady for such rough seas.

I always use cash with the seapass card. We prepay in the beginning of the cruise and then will check our balance maybe once to twice on the tv in the room. I prefer using the cash system because like the PP i would not like a huge credit card bill when getting home.

My daughter and I were on that cruise too. You are so right about the weather on the last day. We were on the top deck by the Sky Bar attempting to sit outside in the morning before the rain hit. Just walking was a challenge. We managed to keep ourselves busy inside the ship and had a great time. Loved Simeon Baker and the 70's dance party parade.

I thought Simeon was great. You know its amazing how different people's opinions are. For example I have read where people hated Simeon. I also read that people think Graham Seymour is the best While he was on the Caribbean Princess we thought he wasn't that good

I thought Simeon was great. You know its amazing how different people's opinions are. For example I have read where people hated Simeon. I also read that people think Graham Seymour is the best While he was on the Caribbean Princess we thought he wasn't that good

I really liked Simeon thought he was a lot of fun - especially during Quest.

Archived