NCL Star Dining Question

MalteseSkipper

We are sailing on April 4th to the Mexican Riviera. We're trying to figure out which nights to eat at the specialty restaurants. It sounds as if there is only one SoHo Jazz Brunch. Can someone tell me what day of the week this is on?

Also, others have mentioned the great Eggs Benedict at Cagney's. Is Cagney's open for everyone at breakfast. Do you pay an upcharge to eat breakfast there?

Thanks for any advice.

We are sailing on April 4th to the Mexican Riviera. We're trying to figure out which nights to eat at the specialty restaurants. It sounds as if there is only one SoHo Jazz Brunch. Can someone tell me what day of the week this is on?

Also, others have mentioned the great Eggs Benedict at Cagney's. Is Cagney's open for everyone at breakfast. Do you pay an upcharge to eat breakfast there?

Thanks for any advice.

Cagneys's is only available for breakfast and lunch for those in Penthouse and above cabins.

Yes there is only one Jazz brunch. On the Christmas sailing I had reservations for it and then found the CC get together was the same time so Husband was told there was another one on Christmas day, so we booked it instead. and paid for it, we got there and it was a Hawian band playing Tropical themed Christmas toons, I was bitterly disappointed as this was something I was really looking forward to.

When we're on the STAR 2 weeks ago (oh, mine - already looking forward to the next NCL cruise) the Jazz Brunch was on 2nd. Sea Day (Thursday) on our way back from PV, 11 am to 1 p.m. in the Soho Room, Dec 6 mid with the Star band playing. There's a cover charge but I couldn't find the extra cover amount on our listed NCL Daily as we ordered room service & slept late.

The MDR (Versallies) serve the Eggs Benedict w. Canadian Bacon each morning for breakfast (also Eggs Salmon Benefit) along with other items and it's great. Blue Lagoon serve the "Full House" breakfast, cook to order and it is piping hot when served (along with hot & excellent coffee (strong, too) since the kitchen is right there where room service food are being prepared as well.

MalteseSkipper,

We are on the cruise with you next month. I cannot answer your question, but you should join our roll call for the cruise. Click on the link under my countdown clock and come on over to say hi.

We returned Saturday from the Mexican Riviera on the Star. The Jazz Brunch was on Thursday in the Soho Room. The charge was $15/person. One other comment, those in balcony staterooms were able to go to breakfast in Aqua every day but Saturday. It was very pleasant, quiet and uncrowded, except for the 1st day. We were not aware of this "perk" for balcony staterooms until we boarded and found an "announcement" on our bed.

Archived