Nice hotel in Vancouver

Sox Fan Cruiser

Anyone have any recommendations for nice hotels in Vancouver. We are traveling from the Seattle the day before the cruise and want to have a nice place to stay.

While we don't want to book the penthouse suite at the Ritz, money is not really the criteria from which we want to make our decision. We want a nice (I wish I had a better word than nice!) room in a good location.

We will be staying over Friday night and like to enjoy the city nightlife. But then again we also want to be the first ones on the ship in the morning!! :cool:

We don't know Vancouver well so not sure what the layout of the city is.

Thoughts?

Well the Pan Pacific is really a nice place and is right at Canada Place pier and there are a few Fairmont hotels as well I believe. We are staying at the Westin Bayshore and I have always had nice stays at all the Westins we've been to.

If you check out the West Coast Departures board there are a few local folks who are more than helpful and can guide you better than I can.

[are traveling from the Seattle the day before the cruise and want to have a nice place to stay.

We want a nice (I wish I had a better word than nice!) room in a good location.

We will be staying over Friday night and like to enjoy the city nightlife. But then again we also want to be the first ones on the ship in the morning!! :cool:

Try to book the YWCA. It;s terrific, clean cheap and about 2 miles from Canada Place where your ship will dock. About $100 per night

We booked the Pan Pacific yesterday and had pretty much the same criteria as you except this will be our disembark point. Check out expedia.com for a better rate than booking directly through Pan Pacific if you decide on this one. We got a room with a view of the harbor and mountains - can't wait. :)

Hello fellow Sox fan :)

We're staying at the Sutton Place. It's rated 5 stars :D. We got it for $144/night on Hotwire, but someone on my RC cruise roll call got it for $109/night.

It's supposed to be a very nice hotel, and it looks gorgeous on the website. I'm impressed because there is a chocolate buffet the night we're there :o

If price is not an isuue then you are not going to do any better than the Pan Pacific which forms part of Canada Place and the bell desk delivers your luggage from your hotel room to the porter at dockside. The next best would be Fairmont's Waterfront Hotel which is right across the street from Canada Place and the Pan Pacific...but you will have to handle your luggage. Both hotels are 5*, have great views of the harbour and the North Shore mountains and have lots of good restaurants in close proximity. The rack rate for these hotels will be north of $250 (CDN) p/n.

WAIT A MINUTE!:)

What cruiseline are you on?:confused: They don't ALL sail from Canada Place; there are two areas from which ships sail to Alaska from Vancouver.

Hope it's Canada Place and hope you get the Pan Pacific. We just splurged and booked it for my S-I-L's first cruise............going up a day early.

Two years ago my DD and I stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle and it was wonderful. We just rolled our luggage the couple of blocks to Canada Place and the fun thing was when we got up, we could see our ship right there awaiting our arrival. It's a lovely start to a lovely cruise...........oh, I can't wait.:cool:

The OPs countdown/tag line indicates they'll be on the 6/6 sailing of the Diamond Princess. Don't all Princess ships sail from Canada Place?

WAIT A MINUTE!:)

What cruiseline are you on?:confused: They don't ALL sail from Canada Place; there are two areas from which ships sail to Alaska from Vancouver.

Hope it's Canada Place and hope you get the Pan Pacific. We just splurged and booked it for my S-I-L's first cruise............going up a day early.

Two years ago my DD and I stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle and it was wonderful. We just rolled our luggage the couple of blocks to Canada Place and the fun thing was when we got up, we could see our ship right there awaiting our arrival. It's a lovely start to a lovely cruise...........oh, I can't wait.:cool:

Yes, I confirmed that Princess sails out of that pier. They will take our luggage directly from our hotel room right onto the ship.

Anyone concerned about that? Especially since it's so easy to just walk downstairs with it?

I wouldn't be concerned about it...it is one of the benefits of staying at the PP and people do it all the time during cruise season. Have never heard of anyone having a problem with it.

Check out the Blue Horizon.

We're staying here at the Blue Horizon, as well. Got a super rate of $132 for a corner view room (all their rooms have corner views). It has good reviews on Trip Advisor, also. I'd have loved to stay at the Pan Pacific, but $350 US was a bit steep for one night!!

Can you tell me how you use the bellman/baggage service at Pan Pacific AFTER you cruise? Staying there 2 nights after, and would like to get bags picked up by bellman. Is this possible?

I have never had to avail myself of this service but as Canada Place and the Pan Pacific are just a door and and elevator apart I would be inclined just to go the bell desk and get a bellman.

Archived