GC Island Tour Recommendations?

cruisinbanddirectors

Can anyone recommend a particular tour company/guide that does a good basic island tour? My DH and I are looking to see the turtle farm, Hell, and the Tortuga Rum factory and/or outlet. We are not particularly interested in beach time, snorkeling, or the stingrays this time around.

We are looking for the same thing. Any advice would be great!

Nativeway has a great island tour, which normally includes Stingray City...I would try emailing them and ask what they can offer you. I know my first Island tour with them, we had a couple meet up with us for the stingray part that were not on the island tour, so I am sure they can do vice-versa.

Great company, I highly recommend them. Email Sharon fron their website, won't hurt to ask!

Can anyone recommend a particular tour company/guide that does a good basic island tour? My DH and I are looking to see the turtle farm, Hell, and the Tortuga Rum factory and/or outlet. We are not particularly interested in beach time, snorkeling, or the stingrays this time around.

Captain Marvin's has a separate island tour that goes to Hell, Turtle Farm and Tortuga Rum Factory, with a brief stop at Sevin Mile Beach. We did it in 2004 in conjunction with a Singray City tour, but they are separate and priced seperate. Check their website captainmarvins.com.

Enjoy your cruise and visit,

Di

My daughter and I are going on the Valor next month and Grand Cayman is one of our ports. We are planning on booking this excursion through CCL. Last year, my DH and I did the Turtle Farm & Hell, but at that time it didn't include the Tortuga stop. The town of Hell wasn't that impressive, but we did enjoy the Turtle Farm!

• 3 weeks later...

We're back - had a great time on our cruise!!!!

We booked our GC Island tour through Disney, I wish I could remember the company name - I hate to say it but it was one of our worst excursions of the week. I think we just got a bad driver, because other people thought it was great. (They broke the big group into groups or 10-12 for the buses) She didn't really talk about the island as we were driving. She stopped & showed us the governors mansion & couldn't even remember his name.

Our day was cut short due to weather. But we did get to the Turtle Farm - it was really a neat place. We loved it (it was me, dh & sons 10 & 12) we had a different guide at the turtle farm & he was super knowledgeble. Gave us tons of info on the place & turtles etc. Fantastic!

We only had 10 minutes in Hell which was OK since there really isn't a lot there, I would have like a few more minutes to get my t-shirt & post card!

I think this is a hit or miss because of the drivers/guides.

• 1 year later...

this is exactly what i'm looking for too - are there any tours avail that include the Tortuga Rum factory anymore?

i've searched cap'n marvin, cayman 'n a nutshell & nativeways & none of them mention this stop

is it closed now?

this is exactly what i'm looking for too - are there any tours avail that include the Tortuga Rum factory anymore?

i've searched cap'n marvin, cayman 'n a nutshell & nativeways & none of them mention this stop

is it closed now?

fyi - i emailed cayman in a nutshell - here is the response - it was quick & on the weekend too!

"You could take the Half-shell tour and then the lunch stop, without the stingray/snorkel tour. The cost would be US$$$/person. Please complete the reservation form on our web site, and write in the 'Comment' section that you would like to add the lunch stop to the tour. The tour will be from 9-11 AM, and you will have a little over an hour for the lunch stop.

There are many rum cake outlets right on the cruise ship pier so we do not have a separate stop for that on the Half-shell tour. I look forward to hearing from you again!"

I deleted the price bc depending on when you read this email it may change.

Hope this helps the non-water inclined! (ironic being on a cruise LOL)

Archived