4th of July @ Sea

kwilliams137

Clearly no fireworks or fireas that would be very very dangerous at sea, however is there a special show that night?

Most of the staff is not American so it may be odd for them to celebrate an American Holiday onbaord...

Anyone who has been on for 4th of July in the past?

Clearly no fireworks or fireas that would be very very dangerous at sea, however is there a special show that night?

Most of the staff is not American so it may be odd for them to celebrate an American Holiday onbaord...

Anyone who has been on for 4th of July in the past?

Disney ships do fireworks.

37964488.jpg

I was on the Triumph years ago for the 4th of July...

My whole group wore those Old Navy shirts they sell for the 4th (HAHA that's possibly slightly tacky)

I seem to remember a deck party and a buffet on deck late at nite, similar to the Mexican buffet...

Aside from that, I don't remember much.. No fireworks..

No information specifically on July 4, but I would lean towards the fact they'll do something to acknowledge the holiday at sea.

We've sailed on Halloween, Thanksgiving and New Year's and the ships have all definitely had holiday-themed events and parties for those days.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some big BBQ-ish-type of deck party with hamburgers and hotdogs or something...

We cruised twice over July 4. The first time our first formal night was the Fourth and aside from "Yankee Doodle" in the dining room, they did some July 4-themed songs with the featured entertainers before the main show, then the CD (Todd Wittmer) did a special recognition of military and vets. The second time we were in port in Tortola (BVI - No, July 4 is not a holiday there!;)) However, the photographers had some special July 4-themed photos available and, again, we had Yankee Doodle in the dining room after dinner.

We'll be sailing around Florida (leaving from Ft. Lauderdale) and hope to see some off in the distance.

We are leaving from Tampa on the 4th and are hoping the same thing we will head straight out to sea and won't:eek: hug the coast but maybe we can see something! My hubby loves to set off his own fireworks. I told him the money we save from him not buying them should cover our bar bill for a couple of days!

Archived