Repositioning Cruises

CZodda

Good Evening Everyone! Does anyone know if Carnival has any repositioning cruises for this year? I tried looking on their website, but for some reason, this type of cruise is difficult to research with the cruise line's website.

Princess has one, I think for May. I do like Princess, but Carnival is my favorite line. I thought I would like to try something different from the usual Eastern / Western Caribbean and a repositioning cruise would fit the bill.

Thanks in advance to all for their help.

Have a great evening!

Cathy

The Triumph, Fantasy, and Spirit are all repositioning once or twice in the next year. Of course, the Dream (the new big'un) is repositioning from Europe to US. There are others, but I don't know any easy way to find them, either.

The poster means if there is any cruises that embark in one port and disenbark in another.

the only one the have right now is the Dreams Transatlantic.

They had a South American Repo cruise from Jan. to March and there is one Panama Canal cruise going on right now.

Add the Miracle, Glory, and Victory to that list. At least, these are all ships that are sailing out of multiple ports. I would assume that means they're repositioning.

I take that back... The Fantasy is only moving a couple hours up the coast. I don't think they're carrying passengers on that one.

The poster means if there is any cruises that embark in one port and disenbark in another.

They had a South American Repo cruise from Jan. to March and there is one Panama Canal cruise going on right now.

Sorry about that. I understood the question... I just made some false assumptions on how Carnival works. I thought that just about any cruise that changes ports would still be a money-making venture. I guess if the two ports are close enough, or if they're separated by a stint in dry-dock, I guess it makes sense to just spend a day cruising empty.

The Spirit, though, does have quite a few genuine repo cruises.

Sorry about that. I understood the question... I just made some false assumptions on how Carnival works. I thought that just about any cruise that changes ports would still be a money-making venture. I guess if the two ports are close enough, or if they're separated by a stint in dry-dock, I guess it makes sense to just spend a day cruising empty.

The Spirit, though, does have quite a few genuine repo cruises.

Yes you are right. I forgot about that one.

Even when Carnival is going from new york to florida, they sail empty.

If NCL was repo from these ports they would have pax.

The Spirit does not do a 'true' repositioning cruise. It does several back and forth to Hawaii and then up north for Alaska.

HAL does do 'true' repositioning cruises up the west coast. Starts in San Diego and goes north. We were serioulsy considering the May 1 cruise, but just cannot do it this year. Best cruise so far has been the repositioning of the Amesterdam, LA to Vancouver, in 2003 with 188 pax on board.

The other idea are the Panama Canal cruises. These are usually Ft Lauderdale to San Diego or LA, or reverse.

Good Evening Everyone! Does anyone know if Carnival has any repositioning cruises for this year? I tried looking on their website, but for some reason, this type of cruise is difficult to research with the cruise line's website.

Princess has one, I think for May. I do like Princess, but Carnival is my favorite line. I thought I would like to try something different from the usual Eastern / Western Caribbean and a repositioning cruise would fit the bill.

Thanks in advance to all for their help.

Have a great evening!

Cathy

The Carnival Spirit repositions from San Diego at the end of it's Mexican Riviera season,through Hawaii, and then moves on to begin it's Alaska season.The trip to Hawaii is one cruise and the trip from Honolulu to Vancouver is the second leg.These are 12 day cruises and are great repositioning cruises.In the fall it reverses the direction back to San Diego.

The Carnival Spirit repositions from San Diego at the end of it's Mexican Riviera season,through Hawaii, and then moves on to begin it's Alaska season.The trip to Hawaii is one cruise and the trip from Honolulu to Vancouver is the second leg.These are 12 day cruises and are great repositioning cruises.In the fall it reverses the direction back to San Diego.

I imagine you could make a heck of a trip out of San Diego to Hawaii to Seattle (they're switching ports) to Alaska to Seattle.

The Spirit does not do a 'true' repositioning cruise. It does several back and forth to Hawaii and then up north for Alaska.

HAL does do 'true' repositioning cruises up the west coast. Starts in San Diego and goes north. We were serioulsy considering the May 1 cruise, but just cannot do it this year. Best cruise so far has been the repositioning of the Amesterdam, LA to Vancouver, in 2003 with 188 pax on board.

The other idea are the Panama Canal cruises. These are usually Ft Lauderdale to San Diego or LA, or reverse.

Yes, very true . . . the SPIRIT boards passengers in Ensenada (just south of San Diego), cruises the Pacific for 5 days, then sails around the Hawiian isles for 7 days (passengers then fly home). Then the SPIRIT boards passengers that are flown in to Hawaii, cruises the islands for 7 days, and heads to Vancouver taking 5 days. This facilitates getting the SPIRIT to Vancouver to start the summer cruises to Alaska.

The PRIDE is currently doing a Panama Canal cruise to get it "respositioned" from LA to Miami, then later to Baltimore. The SPLENDOR is replacing the PRIDE doing the Mexican Riviera run, but being to large to traverse the Panama Canal it has gone around the horn of South America to get to LA from the east coast. This is technically a "repositioning" cruise with many stops along the way. :)

You can add the Spirit to that list. They are not true repositioning cruises, but it goes from Ensanada Mexico to Hawaii (12 days), then from Hawaii to Vancouver BC, Canada. Then it does northbound and southbound Alaskan cruises that either start in Vancouver and end in Anchorage or do the opposite.

We did a reposition cruise on the Celebrity for 11 days. Celebrity just finished their Mexico season. We left Ensenada Mx (1 hr south of San Diego) sailed to San Francisco for a day, then to Alaska for a 7 day cruise. Then headed to Seattle and ported there. That ship then started the regular Alaska season.

The best part was we only paid for a one way plane fare to take us home. Our cost was alot cheaper than the regular fares that Celebrity charged during their 7 day Alaska season.

I used vacationsto go.com to find the repositions cruises for all cruise lines. Very helpful site.

Come 2010, the Spirit will still do the trip San Diego-Hawaii-Vancouver to start and end the Alaska Season, then do a short cruise to reposition to Seattle for the true start of the Alaska season

At the end of Alaska, there is one last trip from Seattle to Alaska, but it ends in Vancouver before doing the reverse to Hawaii and then San Diego

Archived