At each Port can you bring a Bottle of wine on each or possibly Kahlua?

oysterfiend

:confused:I see you are able to go on board with a bottle of wine/champas each.

Can you take another bottle each on board at each port.

Also WE love Kahlua and Tequila and would like some for our night on Queen Mary before our next cruise,

If we take it on board and it is kept for us at cruise's end - Do we have to drink the whole lot before our next cruise on Paradise after a night at Long Beach?

We finish cruise on Splendor May 3rd

and cruise on Paradise 4 night Baja May 4

After which we spend a third night on Queen mary before going on Sapphire Princess May 9-16 Los Angeles to Vancouver

COOL Love Corona Beer,

Its expensive in New Zealand being imported,

Are we able to drink that on board in our cabin?

We have a GTY Balcony and I think it would be nice having a drink or two on the balcony

What about Kahlua- can we keep as duty free - do we have to hand it in until the cruise's end- Its expensive at home and dirt cheap in Mexico

Yes you can bring back wine and 1 six pack of beer per person. I look forward to meeting you on the Splendor in 33 days.. :D

I think the OP meant liquor you can drink on board. Were you? If so, I've never heard or read anything about that... Not saying it's not true, but if you can supply a reference, I'd appreciate it (could come in handy on my next cruise).

For the OP: You can bring back all the liquor (any kind) you want in any port. You turn it in when you come back on board, then it gets returned to you the last night of the cruise. You have until you debark in the morning to drink anything that is over your Customs limits.

Yes you can bring back wine and 1 six pack of beer per person. I look forward to meeting you on the Splendor in 33 days.. :D

We are looking forward to meeting the Group to.

I know its Gotta be a lot of FUN!!:rolleyes:

I think the OP meant liquor you can drink on board. Were you? If so, I've never heard or read anything about that... Not saying it's not true, but if you can supply a reference, I'd appreciate it (could come in handy on my next cruise).

For the OP: You can bring back all the liquor (any kind) you want in any port. You turn it in when you come back on board, then it gets returned to you the last night of the cruise. You have until you debark in the morning to drink anything that is over your Customs limits.

yes you are correct,

But on the princess board for our Sapphire cruise a poster said you could bring on board a bottle 0f wine each - each port- like you can on embarkation

If this is the case we will drink it and get a new one each port-

NOW WOULDN"T THAT BE COOL:p

yes you are correct,

But on the princess board for our Sapphire cruise a poster said you could bring on board a bottle 0f wine each - each port- like you can on embarkation

If this is the case we will drink it and get a new one each port-

NOW WOULDN"T THAT BE COOL:p

Like I said... I've never heard or read that. But it sure would be awesome if it's true! I hope Ashleezmom posts some confirmation.

I don't think there's anything written about bringing a 6-pack of beer back on in port, but we do it every time and they see it and it's fine. Liquor, no, most gets taken and labeled and put in a big bin to be picked up the night before debarkation.

Well we will take on the six pack of beer and DRINK TO THAT

CHEERS;);)NUDGE NUDGE

Just looked up Carnival Policy-

Alcohol brought on board at Ports will be stored for disembarkation,

We will try the 6 pack though and if we can we will drink it-

Whats the worst that can happen- it will be given back at cruises end

Just looked up Carnival Policy-

Alcohol brought on board at Ports will be stored for disembarkation,

We will try the 6 pack though and if we can we will drink it-

Whats the worst that can happen- it will be given back at cruises end

And then you can drink it the last night! Is it still smuggling if they give it back to you?

And then you can drink it the last night! Is it still smuggling if they give it back to you?

I don't intend to smuggle it on.

I 'm a GOODIE GOOD:)

I'll just walk on at port with the beer six pack and see what happens-

ignorance is bliss

I don't intend to smuggle it on.

I 'm a GOODIE GOOD:)

I'll just walk on at port with the beer six pack and see what happens-

ignorance is bliss

Didn't mean to imply you did... I was just wondering if exploiting the "last night loophole" is still smuggling.

I'm not a drinker, but my wife is NOT a cheap date. If you had to live with me, you'd understand!:D

Well we will take on the six pack of beer and DRINK TO THAT

CHEERS;);)NUDGE NUDGE

Have a great time on your cruise!!

Be sure to compare the Duty Free prices of Kahlua and tequila the first night on the ship during liquor tasting. They usually have a guarantee if you find it cheaper at a Duty Free shop in a port. I think you can take a digital picture of the price to show them.

Often it's hard to find a real liquor store (cash and carry) in ports, but obviously many do cause those bins are full. The Duty Free port shops deliver to the ship for you, the ship claims to have better packaging. Beer is pretty easy to find as many regular stores sell it.

Didn't mean to imply you did... I was just wondering if exploiting the "last night loophole" is still smuggling.

I'm not a drinker, but my wife is NOT a cheap date. If you had to live with me, you'd understand!:D

Last night LOOP HOLE

Now that sounds interesting

Tell me about it?:)

Have a great time on your cruise!!

Be sure to compare the Duty Free prices of Kahlua and tequila the first night on the ship during liquor tasting. They usually have a guarantee if you find it cheaper at a Duty Free shop in a port. I think you can take a digital picture of the price to show them.

Often it's hard to find a real liquor store (cash and carry) in ports, but obviously many do cause those bins are full. The Duty Free port shops deliver to the ship for you, the ship claims to have better packaging. Beer is pretty easy to find as many regular stores sell it.

Thanks for the advice- I'd rather buy on board than troop around town with a load,

More fun having the odd corona or two in a bar,

We were at Cozumel in 2006 and you could get 5 in a bucket of ice for $5,

We are big drinkers but Kahlua is a treat and on a hot day corona beer is pretty good too

Last night LOOP HOLE

Now that sounds interesting

Tell me about it?:)

Anything you buy at the duty free shop and anything you turn in as you re-board at a pier is given back to you on the last night of the cruise. So if you feel like living it up on your last night, you can do it a lot cheaper than any other night. Also, anything you buy from the duty free shop on the last full day is generally given to you on the spot. This works well if you have a sea day before returning to port.

So it's not smuggling... But it's not exactly on the level, either. I call it a loophole in the anti-smuggling rules.

Anything you buy at the duty free shop and anything you turn in as you re-board at a pier is given back to you on the last night of the cruise. So if you feel like living it up on your last night, you can do it a lot cheaper than any other night. Also, anything you buy from the duty free shop on the last full day is generally given to you on the spot. This works well if you have a sea day before returning to port.

So it's not smuggling... But it's not exactly on the level, either. I call it a loophole in the anti-smuggling rules.

;)

Thanks for the insight,

Nice drinkie p..hs on the balcony last evening will be good

I have been on many cruises and my dh has each of us bring back a 6 pack of the beer of the land..hehe. You are able to bring it to your room and drink it that night just as you would wine. Now hard stuff No, always had to leave it till the end of the journey. With the exception of San Juan of course where all alcohol is allowed through.

Archived