Winnifred, High Pockets or Interline?

househunter

I was wondering if anyone has been on more than one of these daysails and could share their opinion of which they though was better. There have been great reviews of all three and I can't decide which one to book!

Also would appriciate information on condition of boat, and how good the food and drinks were from anyone who has sailed on any one of them as well. Our cruise is not until May 1st but I want to book early as I have heard that these fill up fast!

Any feedback would be great!

Thanks!:)

We just got back from sailing aboard the Winifred on Thanksgiving Day! What a fabulous excursion and definitely the highlight of a fabulous cruise! Tommy the first mate was such a great guy... he even got my 16 year old daughter into the water to snorkel despite her insistance that she didn't want to go! He was always working hard to make the trip even better! The captain was wonderful as well.. and quite informative! We all had a absolutely wonderful time and would encourage anyone to consider the Winifred. She is a beautiful sailing boat and we wish we were still on her!

Thanks for the quick replys so far. What was available as far as food and drinks? We are not really beer drinkers and sometimes the rum punch is waaaay too strong for me as I can't taste the alcohol. Bloody Mary's, champagne etc? I know that High Pockets pretty much has an open bar but the food is a consideration as my husband has low blood sugar and has to eat fairly regularly. Still hoping to hear from someone who has done more than one or at least a High Pockets sailer.

Thanks!:)

I plan on doing a bit more of a review when things settle, but we just did return from doing the Highpockets sail on Tues. Nov 23rd. It truely was the highlight of the trip. The day started with fruit and pound cake. Drinks were whatever you wanted, from bloody Marys, sodas, juices, iced tea, water or liquior mixed with the juices or soda. Snack was a trail mix. Lunch was the best (more details later). Kathleen can handle any special requests, just let her know. Snorkling was great.

• 2 weeks later...

Just sailed with Captain Kathleen and First Mate Bill on December 1, 2004. It was the highlight of our trip.

We booked with 2 other couples that we traveled with for our own private snorkel getaway. :D

I think High Pockets and her crew are top shelf. They made us all feel right at home and took care of our every need.

We would certainly sail with High Pockets again! :)

BTW, we lost our digital camera on the taxi ride back to the cruise ship. The only person I knew how to contact in St. Thomas was Captain Kathleen. She contacted the taxi driver Wally (340-779-2605) and was able to retrieve our camera. Thanks again Captain Kathleen, you saved the day!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a Christmas Day sail on the Alaunt with Captain Ron and First Mate Carol. What a fabulous boat - a bit larger than the rest - 53' and in beautiful condition. We had the best time - it was like being with old friends. Ron and Carol are so friendly and also laid back. They had everything on board to drink that you could imagine and waited on us hand and foot. We had date nut bread and fantastic fresh fruit for the morning. Ron made a fabulous grilled chicken with his special "rub" , caesar salad, bread, rice and beans, and then a banana flambe dessert that everyone raved over.

They took us to three different snorkeling spots and zoomed the kids over to an almost secluded beach in the dinghy so they could have a chance to play in the sand and surf. They had floats that they tied to the boat so we could relax after snorkeling. Hot solar fresh water shower on board.

Just a perfect day on a beautful boat with dynamite hosts! I did a lot of research before choosing them. You don't see as many posts about them, but they are first class and not as "picky" as some have posted about other Captains. We were able to swim without vests and felt that we were friends rather than paying passengers.

I would urge you to consider them. Carol will email you back very quickly and you can call and speak with her as well.

http://www.alauntcharters.com

Happy sailing! It will be the best day of your vacation :)

My boyfriend and I sailed first week in December with Interlinesail ( am sure this is also called "Interline") out of St Thomas. The boat was called Slo Dancing, a newer sail boat in excellent condition. Had a nice shaded cockpit, and lots of room for lying out in sun on the bow of the boat. There was room below for changing clothes, and they had a shower on the back of the boat for showering off the salt water. The boat also had new snorkel equipment and swim noodles and boards for our use. Loved the boat and sail to St John!

The snorkeling in the Virgin Islands is the best anywhere in the Caribbean!When we booked with Interlinesail, they asked us our preference for drinks, offering us a choice of beers or wine. Being beer drinkers, we chose beer, and also had bottled water and cokes. The lunch menu specified chicken salad wraps, but since I am a vegetarian, I let them know in advance and they provided a fresh, home-made vegetarian pizza for my lunch. Afternoon snack was nuts and cheese and fruit platter, and then chocolates as we sailed back. We had a fantastic day on the water, and would recommend them highly. We sailed with Captain Omar and First Mate, Jan. You can reach them at www.interlinesail.com

Be sure and tell them "BB" said hello-

I recently went on the "Lou" with Captain Max and had a wonderful time. Very personalized service to what we wanted, not what they wanted to give, which impressed me.

Their e-mail is seamax@islands.vi if you want to talk with them. The do alot of work with the guests from hotels as well. We came in on a cruise ship, but they work with both. I wrote a detailed review not long ago which you can search for on this board. Good luck and have a great time.

We sailed with Captain Kathleen and Bill on 12/07/04 and I posted in my 12/4-12/11 HAL Zuiderdam review how incredible our trip was. The sailing and snorkeling are great and Captain Kathleen allows for such a nice, relaxed pace. The rum swizzles are great, there are plenty of other options too...really enjoyed the morning bloody marys. It was my birthday, so Kathleen had a bottle of nice champagne waiting to go with the incredible lunch. The chicken pasta is killer and the rum cakes were sinfully good. I can't say enough about our time with her. I also left an underwater camera on the High Pockets and didn't realize it until a few days later. The camera was waiting for me at my home when I returned for the cruise, before I could even contact Kathleen. She mailed it the following day without being asked. If you book with High Pockets, tell her Michael and Michael from Ohio say hello.

Archived