Summit - Jan - Kids - SJU ???

wdw_dave

I am a frequent RCCL cruiser - just got back from a 4 day NOLA Carnival cruise - good value but want to get back to a better experience. I do not like the Wal*Mart analogy - I do not think that is a fair comparison. I do like to compare it to Southwest Airlines - basic product at a good price. And they had new water-slides for the kids and within driving distance .... but that is off topic.

I am looking to get back to a better experience. Looking to go on the Summit in Jan from SJU. Will it be OK for my boys 7 and 9 - how are the kids club? Will the ship be to 'sedate' for us? I do not need an all night party but do not want to go to bed at 10? My kids really like the production shows on ships ... how are they on X? Is the food and service really that much better that RCCL ... looking for an upgrade in that regard. Lastly, the ship pictures on line make the ship look boring and bland ... now I do NOT want Carnival Joe Fracas design .. but I like RCCL and Princess look and feel ... is the Summit really that bland from the pics?

I sailed X from NY 10 years ago to Bermuda ... I liked it but would like to get some fresh perspectives.

Thanks

Dave

Archived