Need Feedback on Cabin 1100 on Jewel of the Sea

cruzingduo

Help! We have cabin 1100 on hold and need feedback from anyone who has stayed in this cabin. RCCL will hold it till noon on Tues Nov 30. From the deck plan we see we would be right next to a staircase, plus we would be under the Windjammer, which could be a noisy location. Any other comments are greatly appreciated. This is for the Feb 26th,2005 sailing.

Thanks!

Take it! We have not been on Jewel, but have been in 1100 on Radiance, her near-twin. It's a fabulous room. The interior layout is the same as the other JS (as near as we could tell by peeking into open doors), but the aft balcony is huge. The standard JS has two chairs & a small table. 1100 has enough room for that plus two lounger, and room to spare. The views are incredible, even if it's "just" the ocean.

The staircase next to the cabin is for emergency use only. We never heard anything from it. The outdoor part of the Windjammer is directly above, but people can only see you if you're right at the balcony rail, and even then, it's only going to be your head & shoulders. We didn't hear much noise from the diners, although seeing as how we were in Alaska & it was cold, it kept outdoor dining to a minimum. I think it would totally be worth a little crowd noise for that cabin.

We did feel a little rock 'n roll from time to time, and there was some creaking in high water, but I think that's to be expected on Deck 10, where all JSs are located.

Take it! Oh, I said that already, didn't I?:D

Grab it! We were in 1100 last year on the Brilliance. It is a large cabin with a huge balcony. No sounds from the stair or the Windjammer above. In fact, the location of 1100 gives you a lot of privacy because you do not have a cabin next to you on the right side of the ship and because very few cabins need access through the hall way out side of 1100. It was one of the best cabins we ever had.

Bob

Groucho & Critterchick,

We have cabin 7176 booked on this sailing. I saw 1100 become available this morning and jumped on it till I could speak with my husband. It is more than a thousand dollars more than the D1 (7176). What would you do? We could use the $1000. elsewhere on the ship. Do you still think we should do it?

Thanks again.

A $1,000 is $1,000. It all depends on how much you need the money. It is a great cabin and a lot larger than a D1. 1100 is a lot closer to Deck 11 which has the pools, gym and Windjammer. However, 7176 is just one flight of stairs above the main entertainment deck. 1100 has a bath tub w/shower rather than just a shower. The bathroom in 1100 is much larger than a D1. You did not say where 7176 is located. If it is aft keep in mind it is right over a bar/lounge area which has bands and other such people on a PA system.

Good Luck!

Bob

I think I would do it for an 8-day cruise. I see that 7176 is an aft, and I know that the D-1 next to us had the extra patio furniture, but it's still a much smaller balcony, and you don't get the same expansive feel that you do from a balcony on the side. I'm a balcony person, DH not so much, so I really loved having all that extra space, even in Alaska (I took a blanket out there). Also, the extra space in the cabin was something we really valued - we tend to have breakfast there (at least the first one:D ), and like to sit around & read or have a pre-dinner drink in the cabin. The sofas in the JS are by the window, and you also get a chair with an ottoman, which was comfortable. The sofa in the D-1 will be inside, with the bed near the window, which I thought was a little odd.

The JS has a walk-in closet plus a shower/tub combo. I didn't see the D-1 closet, but the bathroom is small & the shower quite cozy. The bath wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me, but it's important to some people.

The ultimate D-1 is 9256 (I think that's the number), which is directly below 1100 and has the same huge balcony. That's what I would take if it was available, but if not, I would grab 1100.

Bob,

7176 is also a rear cabin across the back of the ship. It have the same view but of course is smaller. It's in the middle going across the back. We always go mid ship cause I get sea sick on occassion, but when we saw cabin 7176 we thought we'd give the rear of the ship a try. People say how sought after these rooms are. That's how we became involved with a cabin with a rear view. Then today I saw 1100 become available cause final payments are due in a week or so & I put it on hold. I really wish it wasn't $1036 more. Tough decision to make, cause we actually have the Empress booked for March in a JS, but thoses rooms are so small I think the D1 on the Jewel is about the same size. We did the Grand suite on the Mariner in May and loved it. Also did the Zenith Oct 2nd and had a Concirge Class room which was small but acceptable. Really you're not in the room all that much. Our friends are in a D1 on deck 9, so the deck # isn't an issue to us. For the $1K I want to be convinced that it's worth it! Such troubles lol!

We were in 1102 on Jewel. 1100 is a JS and private access. I was more than happy with 1102 but if money is no object I would go with 1100. We never heard any noise from the Windjammer unless we were out on the balcony. Views on the aft are awesome...

Seaside2358,

what do you mean it has private access? Did you feel the motion a lot on the aft? Where did you sail to? I am still on the fence as to what to do. We could certainly use the money elsewhere on the cruise. But having a bigger cabin sounds good too. what to do, what to do?

Maybe a picture or two might help!

Brilliance Cabin 1100:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/debandbill25/album?.dir=/ed4e&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/debandbill25/rlst%3f.dir=/%26.src=ph%26.done=http%253a//f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/debandbill25/lst%253f%2526.dir=/%2526.src=ph%2526.view=l

This is my favorite cabin so far....the balcony alone is worth the price if you like that sort of thing. Staircase is definitely not a noise issue. Outside Windjammer noise is only noticible at port or maybe at the busist times but really not an issue. Only you can decide if its worth $1000 more...we had the price go down both cruises so that it was ultimately only about $300 more than a D.

Glad you chose 1100! We had such a marvelous time in that cabin during our cruise to the British Isles/Norwegian Fjords. The money we had to spend for a 12-night cruise was steep, but certainly worth every penny. We adored the walk-in closet, the larger room size, the aft huge balcony and the nice, larger bathroom. You'll enjoy the ship very much, and this cabin will certainly put a big plus to your cruise.

Enjoy!

We sailed the 10 and 11 day ultimate caribbean in 2002 and 2003...itinerary was a little different in 2003 but we were in cabin 1100 both times. I had to look at the pics to figure out what you were seeing re: "the curve." The curve is an archway from the main cabin into the hallway/bath/closet/door area. The room is very nice...has the feel of a nice hotel room...about that size. Lots of nice features and storage...the closet is wonderful. You will have a doorbell. From the hallway (and it is a hike from the elevators) the room is offset to the portside slightly so that even if your cabin door is open you are not staring down the hallway...kind of like you have your own private entrance. That stairway is not supposed to be used but I am sure many people do.

We did hear noises from the Windjammer above a couple of day very early in the AM...like they were cleaning the deck up there...but it was only a couple of days. No noises at night since the WJ is closed. Otherwise its very quiet back there. I loved the fact that we could close the main curtain in the evenings getting ready for dinner but leave the window curtain open and have views of sailaway while we dressed. No neighbors on that side to worry about.

Its a great cabin...you will feel pampered and you need to after spending the extra $$$ for it. I think you will be happy with your decision. One question...how long is your cruise and what is the itinerary??? Oops that was two question but I was just curious what cruise you had booked?

Deb

Deb,

It is an 8 day members cruise (2-26-05) from Ft Lauderdale to St Martin, PR, Antigua, St Thomas & Nassau. We have been to all of these ports before. We usually don't get off the boat when we go to Nassau. I am still trying to convince myself it was worth it, although we have decided to. We would have been happy in 7176 also which has the same view. We are not in the cabin that much normally. We have not been on the radiance class of RCCL ships, this will be our first time. This year we were on the Mariner of the Seas and the Zenith.

We have cabin 1100 for Alaska next summer on the CC Group Cruise aboard the Serenade. It's just over 8 months away and I can't wait. :) DebandBill, I printed out the pictures of the balcony and the room to put in my travel folder so I can check it out whenever I want to!

Misty

Archived