Suggestions for Kenai Fijords cruise

mamadot

Could we get some suggestions for the best cruise to see this area? We are on Holland America and have considered their cruise. Just want some ideas for the best viewing. This is our fifth cruise to Alaska and want to get it right this time as we may not return!!

How much time do you have here??? My opinion, the "best" is the Northwestern Fjords trip, then it really doesn't matter as long as you are out at least 6 hours on the water. I like Alaska Heritage, have also gone with Renown/Major Marine.

Mamadot, this question gets asked here fairly frequently (I asked it myself awhile back!), so I suggest you go to Advanced Search and search for Kenai Fjords in this forum, and you'll find a number of threads with a ton of useful information. Not everyone takes time to write the same reply each time the question gets asked, so that's what I'm recommending you look at the past threads.

Here's the thread I started and the responses:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=938365

-- Eric

I have read all the threads but still looking for suggestions. Our excursion is 10+ hours so think the cruise would be 6 hours. We like the security of going with HAL but curious about the other companies.

I have read all the threads but still looking for suggestions. Our excursion is 10+ hours so think the cruise would be 6 hours. We like the security of going with HAL but curious about the other companies.

For clairfication, there is no "security" going with HAL, they contract the same boats independents go on. They don't have their own tours here. There are only 2 major companies at the marine. Long standing, well established.

Not sure what is a "10 hour" tour??? What are the details?? The Northwestern Fjords tour is 9 hours, an hour could definately be the transfer.

Archived