Adding someone to the room last minute...

EricaLovesCats

Hi,

Currently booked is me and two other girls in the same inside room. Now, 2 days before the cruise, one of the girls wants to bring another person. I like the other person, but we tried to get them to go earlier (before booking) and they said no. So now, I guess that person got talked into it by the other girl. I'm worried about having four people in a room or having to change rooms (2 in a room) and getting hit with fees for this last minute change. The friend swears she will pay any fees, but this whole thing is under my name...:mad:

I'm just wondering if you've ever added someone last minute, and if so, what hoops did you have to jump through?

The 4th person may not have a choice. If the cruise is booked, then you can't add another person. There was a thread 2 (maybe) weeks ago about grandma wanting to come 24 or 48 hours before the cruise and not being allowed.

~Kristie

Do you remember the name of the thread? I still haven't heard back from the friends yet...I'm thinking since it's less than 48 hrs away they said no.

If it was me, I'd call my pvp (assuming you booked directly) and inquire about availability and how much more $$ it'll be. That way when the friends call you can tell them yay or nay and how much. Chances are (more assumption) you'll have to give up your room and either go gty or to a quad. I'd venture to guess that you'll be at the newer rate for ALL pax so maybe pay more for yourself and original other 2 pax. It potentially, if available, could cost your friend alot more then they have in mind....

Yep, we booked directly, but I told her I did not want to be the one on the phone with Carnival trying to move rooms around and changing prices two days before departure...I told her she had to do it...she said she would (in a pissy voice)...sorry but I just felt that if she wants the person to go then she needs to do the legwork! I don't have time to be on the phone for an hour....oh well....this was 5 hrs ago and she hasn't called me back....I hate drama before a road trip! :(

Yep, we booked directly, but I told her I did not want to be the one on the phone with Carnival trying to move rooms around and changing prices two days before departure...I told her she had to do it...she said she would (in a pissy voice)...sorry but I just felt that if she wants the person to go then she needs to do the legwork! I don't have time to be on the phone for an hour....oh well....this was 5 hrs ago and she hasn't called me back....I hate drama before a road trip! :(

Just imagine how much drama you'll have if she goes. This may be time to start praying that it's too close & can't add her. Please let us know how it turns out.

If you booked the original stateroom, changes must be made by you... Carnival will probably not speak with the other person that wants to join in the fun !

Ok I'm sorry but she sounds like a PITA. You try to get her to go earlier. She says no. Now less than 48 hrs to go she wants to cruise? And then leaves you hanging for 5 hours and gets pissy w/ you? OHHHHHHH I so know what my answer would be. "I couldn't arrange it." And that would be the truth because I wouldn't have called so how could I arrange it? She sounds high maintenance.

4 people in an inside room will be too crowded. We were on the conquest in an inside room with 3 people and we were constantly on top of each other and said never again. Good luck but I would opt for 2 rooms. Have fun!

Even if you have a quad room you might not be able to add another person, it depends on how many are booked on the ship. There is a certain number of pax allowed on board, so if that number has been reached you can't add another (which is a reason you could use..... if you want :D)

Well I finally heard back from my friend. She said she spoke with Carnival and made it clear that the room was under my name, but she wanted to add another person (she had the booking number). The PVP said it shouldn't be a problem, but that they would put those two in another room. Here's the thing -- they still didn't book it!!! Turns out the 4th doesn't have her passport or birth certificate down here...she is having her mom overnight her birth certificate from New York to Florida (where we all live; we're military). Once they get that tomorrow then they are going to book...a whopping 24 hrs in advance. I'm still in shock Carnival would allow this...you would think they would need to have their passenger manifestos ready to go earlier than 24 hrs.......sigh. My friend is calling me tomorrow to tell me if they actually book......

Well I finally heard back from my friend. She said she spoke with Carnival and made it clear that the room was under my name, but she wanted to add another person (she had the booking number). The PVP said it shouldn't be a problem, but that they would put those two in another room. Here's the thing -- they still didn't book it!!! Turns out the 4th doesn't have her passport or birth certificate down here...she is having her mom overnight her birth certificate from New York to Florida (where we all live; we're military). Once they get that tomorrow then they are going to book...a whopping 24 hrs in advance. I'm still in shock Carnival would allow this...you would think they would need to have their passenger manifestos ready to go earlier than 24 hrs.......sigh. My friend is calling me tomorrow to tell me if they actually book......

I do hope it works out for you on this cruise....your friend certainly is not leaving a good tatste in your mouth the way she handled the whole thing though ! Just don't throw her overboard ! :eek:

The drama has come to an end! Lol :D

The would-be fourth person called to see if their mother got the birth certificate to FedEx in time...and she did not...which means it won't make it in time...so they will not be going. Everything is back to the way it was. When speaking with the girl who is going, that was trying to get the 4th to go, I told her I hoped she was not mad at me for getting upset with her. She said she understood where I was coming from and that she too would be upset if the cruise was under her name and someone else in the group tried to make all kinds of crazy changes 24 hrs before cruise departure. Glad she understands (but I also think she was keeping the peace - who wants to start an arguement/drama with someone they are about to share a cabin with!).

So I'll never know the answer if Carnival would have indeed let this person sail, change the rooms around, handle any room changing fees, etc all within 24 hours of departure...but I'm okay with that. :)

Tune in next time for...."As the Cruise Ships Turns"....."Days of Our Cruise"...."General Cruise Ship".....okay I'm stopping now...;)

The would-be fourth person called to see if their mother got the birth certificate to FedEx in time...and she did not...which means it won't make it in time...so they will not be going. Everything is back to the way it was. When speaking with the girl who is going, that was trying to get the 4th to go, I told her I hoped she was not mad at me for getting upset with her. She said she understood where I was coming from and that she too would be upset if the cruise was under her name and someone else in the group tried to make all kinds of crazy changes 24 hrs before cruise departure. Glad she understands (but I also think she was keeping the peace - who wants to start an arguement/drama with someone they are about to share a cabin with!).

So I'll never know the answer if Carnival would have indeed let this person sail, change the rooms around, handle any room changing fees, etc all within 24 hours of departure...but I'm okay with that. :)

Tune in next time for...."As the Cruise Ships Turns"....."Days of Our Cruise"...."General Cruise Ship".....okay I'm stopping now...;)

Thanks for the update, and glad it worked out for YOU. And it is great your friend has that attitude, you guys will have a blast!!!

You Forgot "All My Cruises"

Archived