What's up with Piano guy of The Freedom???

copper6606

Sucks that the OP missed Vince by one cruise. He was on the Conquest a couple of years ago when we sailed and came on Freedom on Feb.28. We enjoyed many late nights with Vince's toast in Scotts Piano bar;)

See I could not handle Mark always "demanding" tips. I thought he was a great singer and could play but the constant talking about "what is a suggestion vs. what is a tip" just turned me off.

Now Damien Brell is another story. I am trying to find out how I can go on the Glory in April when I already have a cruise booked for the Miracle that month to see him again. Love Damien!!!!!!!

don't be cheap.......he is worth the tips.....he is no different than any piano bar in our parts

I'm glad they've switched out the piano player on the Freedom then, since we sail in May :)

In January on the Legend, I thought the piano player was pretty horrible as well. I don't love the piano bar because of all the smoking in the first place, but this guy definitely seemed more interested in trying to pick up the ladies.

I noticed that as well, that and he had a filthy mouth on him. Maybe it was the straight shots he was doing. We sat right behind him at the bar .and he just kept on about how my wife was looking at his a** finally we got tried of hearing that and left. We and never went back.

I saw him out during the next few days sitting with a few that was in his bar that night.

I noticed that as well, that and he had a filthy mouth on him. Maybe it was the straight shots he was doing. We sat right behind him at the bar .and he just kept on about how my wife was looking at his a** finally we got tried of hearing that and left. We and never went back.

I saw him out during the next few days sitting with a few that was in his bar that night.

Ahh , you got to loosen up! That's just part of his "shtick[sp]!! Anyone there would have KNOWN that your wife WASN"T looking at his A**! Or was she?:o

Don't flame me - just kidding around!

Are you guys talking about this guy?

OMG I had to turn that off! Blech yuk and I sing horribly but I think I'd prefer my own singing lol He does play a mean piano from what I could tell. Maybe you guys could request he just play and leave the singing to the passngers. He seemed angry in that video clip. :eek:

Does every Carnival ship have a piano bar?

Yes...and while some are better than others....for the most part they are very talented group.

Having endured 10 years of piano lessons (winning all kinds of awards in my youth)...I can tell you that I can not do, what they do. I know most of them make it look sooo easy...but a person does have to be born with a gift.

I have always tried to get to know the person behind the piano and that has helped make up for some short comings in the entertainment area.

I watched Peter in the video and his keyboard skills are very good IF he would slow down. His vocals are weak.....and (of course) I have never heard him "screaming" .... but that is something that can be improved on with practice.

Yep... i'll find out on Monday what ship i'm on and my sign-on date.

Yes, we had a laugh on the Freedom, you are the definitive Karaoke Queen :o

I am sad..... you will be missed on Carnival. :(

I believe I know who you are talking about and if I am right....he did indeed get the 6AM knock on his cabin door and is no longer with Carnival.

...I watched Peter in the video and his keyboard skills are very good IF he would slow down. His vocals are weak.....and (of course) I have never heard him "screaming" .... but that is something that can be improved on with practice.
Unfortunately, what really spoils it with this guy is his attitude. When I saw him he seemed to have a contempt for the 'crowd' (I use the latter term loosely and he never had more than a few people in the room). He came across angry, rushed and it seemed to me he really didn't want to be there. He can play like Billy Joel for all I care but if he has those other issues, I'm not interested.

Unfortunately, what really spoils it with this guy is his attitude. When I saw him he seemed to have a contempt for the 'crowd' (I use the latter term loosely and he never had more than a few people in the room). He came across angry, rushed and it seemed to me he really didn't want to be there. He can play like Billy Joel for all I care but if he has those other issues, I'm not interested.

I agree that the performers actual piano skills in a bar full of mainly drunken partiers looking to sing along is way down the list of what they need to be successful.

That is sad, because his instrumental skills were really good.

That is sad, because his instrumental skills were really good.
I agree. Credit where credit's due. He's just misplaced on Carnival I think. Maybe he should be a session musician in a studio somewhere.

I am sad..... you will be missed on Carnival. :(

and I will miss Carnival, but I got an offer I couldn't resist, and I think it's the right time for me to leave Carnival... not parting on bad terms.

You never know, I may return to Carnival... I heard the discos on Princess are quiet most of the time... so you just never know..?

Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

We were on the Crown Princess a couple of weeks ago and LOVED the Disco. It might have been an unusual week, but we were quite surprised as to how many people were in the Disco. Usually it heats up after 11:00 or so , but this one was starting to fill up just after the main show was through! :D

Great time!

By the way. Does anyone know how to GET RID of the countdown clock that I have??

I put it up there about 10 months ago, switched out the MSC Cruise for the Crown Princess [ and couldn't figure out how to change that either!]:rolleyes:

and I will miss Carnival, but I got an offer I couldn't resist, and I think it's the right time for me to leave Carnival... not parting on bad terms.

You never know, I may return to Carnival... I heard the discos on Princess are quiet most of the time... so you just never know..?

Eddy, we met on the Freedom, during the daytime, on one of your last two cruises. We were doing a b2b. It was nice meeting you and who knows maybe we'll cross paths again on a P. ship. Good luck with the new ship and have fun, Cruisinbuddy.

Keep us posted "where" you are.....

We were looking at the Princess British Isles cruise in June, but the air fare was more than the cruise??? And when you are booking for 4...that runs up quickly.

Maybe next year....

Eddy, we met on the Freedom, during the daytime, on one of your last two cruises. We were doing a b2b. It was nice meeting you and who knows maybe we'll cross paths again on a P. ship. Good luck with the new ship and have fun, Cruisinbuddy.

Yeah, I remember you guys... unfortunately I think you caught me when I was in a hurry (unless I do have the wrong person)... it was near the arcade entrance.

Thanks for the well wishes and I hope to run into you on Princess :D

Keep us posted "where" you are.....

We were looking at the Princess British Isles cruise in June, but the air fare was more than the cruise??? And when you are booking for 4...that runs up quickly.

Maybe next year....

I can imagine... airfare isn't cheap... that's why I am glad that the cruisline pays for mine, it wouldn't be worthwhile otherwise!

Maybe I may see you on a Princess caribbean adventure...

I'm gonna shut up about Princess now... before my posts get removed and I get slated... like a chav ;)

Archived