Aft Cabins Noordam

seasearider

Hi, we're about to book an aft VA cabin on the Noordam and not sure which deck would be the best. Anyone out there have any suggestions, pros and cons? From looking at photos it appears that aft deck 4 is the only one that has a straight view down to the water.

Thanks!

Hi !

We got the VA cabin on the 8th deck also..! Any comments experimented Noordam>HAL cruisers..?

AFT SHIP - far from the pool and the chairs setting...

Holacanada sail away to Rome in 8 days, 7 hours, 8 minutes and 56 seconds

We were just on the Noordam in aft VA 7136 and it was excellent. We originally booked 6162 but after seeing photos of the back of the ship we realized that the 6th floor has a shorter overhang from the 7th floor. This is fine if you want lots of sun but we wanted both. Also, the lower you are, the more people look down on you. We had just the 8th looking down and the people looking down from the pool deck could barely see you. My husband sun tanned in the nude and only the bottoms of his legs were visible. We could see the wake with no problems sitting on our balcony. Our cabin stewarts - Hendee and Harris - were excellent and brought us two loungers for the balcony. 7136 is also center on the wake. We would definitely book this same room again!!:)

Mar9_08.jpg.5cbf9b773c17a11ab0a0499179e917d8.jpg

Mar9c_05.jpg.f49bb261336b511aafd3b4051efb1601.jpg

Mar7_12.jpg.2be5a204c4e15221596338cf7403a2b8.jpg

Mar9c_07.jpg.794159062a8f80d90f24eb410549bb4b.jpg

Mar9c_09.jpg.c0e508f90962d972a98a44cee3a8e646.jpg

Hi, we're about to book an aft VA cabin on the Noordam and not sure which deck would be the best. Anyone out there have any suggestions, pros and cons? From looking at photos it appears that aft deck 4 is the only one that has a straight view down to the water.

Thanks!

We have had deck four on sister ships everytime. I'm not supposed to say how much I like it. I am on the 4th aft again in 3 days! (You get the most sun on 4)

From looking at photos it appears that aft deck 4 is the only one that has a straight view down to the water.

You are correct.. Deck 4 is the out most point on the stern of the ship,if your standing at your balcony rail.. Have stayed in VA4176 twice because of the great veiw of the wake without having to look down on someone else's veranda.. As you go up from deck 4 they are stepped/teired foward, so from deck 5 up if you look straight down you will be veiwing a veranda..

Bulldog

You will love it!!! Say hello to Hendee and Harris if they are still there. They were wonderful. They will bring you loungers if you want them. Also a little suggestion.....if you want to have the door open at night to hear the wake, take a bungy cord to hold the door open - works great!!! Have a wonderful time! :o

Here are room pics......

Mar4_16.jpg.a240fdb32c401b33d993c86b1cc874f4.jpg

Mar4_15.jpg.4cad2cab3856c7b9e917ff1b15b095e0.jpg

Also a little suggestion.....if you want to have the door open at night to hear the wake, take a bungy cord to hold the door open - works great!!! Have a wonderful time! :o

But it's a poor suggestion as the doors are meant to close for a reason. If you prop your door open it causes the A/C to kick off in every other cabin on the same line. That could mean that people without a veranda have to suffer with no air.

But it's a poor suggestion as the doors are meant to close for a reason. If you prop your door open it causes the A/C to kick off in every other cabin on the same line. That could mean that people without a veranda have to suffer with no air.

Photo taken on the Noodam, 01.31.09 ;)

IMG_3469.jpg

RuthC and innlady1 - With all due respect, the sign on the door says..."To Maintain a comfortable stateroom temperature, keep this door closed at all times". This does not say it will alter other cabins temperatures. My husband and I do not like or use air conditioning but rather want to breath fresh air. Unfortunately, cabins do not have windows that open. This leaves the door.

RuthC and innlady1 - With all due respect, the sign on the door says..."To Maintain a comfortable stateroom temperature, keep this door closed at all times". This does not say it will alter other cabins temperatures.

Just because the sign doesn't say it does not mean it is not so.

If you leave your balcony door open the A/C is shut down on the entire line. You get to breathe fresh air, but someone in another cabin doesn't get to breathe any air.

Ruth is 100% correct.

Not only has it been posted many times on this board by other people as knowledgeable as Ruth, but I've asked Maintenance aboard ship, who verified it.

Have pity on the "cave dwellers"!

RuthC and innlady1 - With all due respect, the sign on the door says..."To Maintain a comfortable stateroom temperature, keep this door closed at all times". This does not say it will alter other cabins temperatures. My husband and I do not like or use air conditioning but rather want to breath fresh air. Unfortunately, cabins do not have windows that open. This leaves the door.

With all due respect - There also aren't signs that say "Don't climb onto the railing, or you could fall into the ocean and die", "Using the hairdryer while taking a bath is a bad idea", or "Don't steal the Television and the towels from your stateroom"...

...the climate control doesn't turn off anyway - one simply adjusts the temperature of the incoming air to one's preference whether it's cold, hot or something in the middle.

Archived