RSVP Cards

I recieved my invitations in the mail on monday and I did not order the RSVP's because all of the information we need for all guests that will not be sailing with us. I am wondering if anyone could let me know what and how you worded your RSVP's. We are sailing with Carnival.

This is what I am planning on using, I made it on a postcard thru vistaprint. I wasn't sure what to do with the people who decline but I'm guessing they can figure out that I dont' need their full name and DOB...

Please respond by

July 1, 2009

Or you’ll have to walk the plank

Full Legal Name(s) and Date(s) of Birth (for sailing or non-sailing guests)

_____ We will sea you for the entire cruise

_____ It’s a shore thing, but we’re not sailing

_____ Sorry we are all tide up that week

This is what I am planning on using, I made it on a postcard thru vistaprint. I wasn't sure what to do with the people who decline but I'm guessing they can figure out that I dont' need their full name and DOB...

Please respond by

July 1, 2009

Those lil comments are sooooooooo cute! Wished I had seen them when I sent out my invites & RSVP's...I would have had to borrow those..haha.

I went more traditional with mine. Since I was group leader I had the full legal names and DOB's of all the sailing guest. I only sent out invites to non-sailing guest as "message in the bottle" invites can be costly.

****The front of my RSVP's looked like this:

We look forward to celebrating with you!

Kindly reply by September 18, 2008

M____________________________

___ Wouldn't miss it. Number attending ____

___ Unable to make it, but we’ll be thinking of you

(For U.S. Customs purposes, please list full legal names

with dates of birth for all attendees on the back)

****On the back of the RSVP's it looked like this:

________________ __ ____________ __/__/__

First M Last M D Y

First M Last M D Y

First M Last M D Y

First M Last M D Y

First M Last M D Y

P.S.: I don't know why but the above is all bunched together. The "M" goes under the second dash, "Last", etc. goes under the third, etc.

Please respond by

July 1, 2009

I just want to say thanks for the idea. I will be using this plus putting in a letter to the with important information.

Letter:

Dear Family and Friends,

We are very excited about our upcoming wedding and hope that you will be able to join us to share in this special day! The ceremony and reception will be held onboard the Carnival Legend before we set sail.

A unique feature of a cruise ship wedding is the special requirements that guests must follow due to government and cruise line regulations. We hope that these requirements do not inconvenience you in any way.

1. We must submit a complete guest list with the date of birth and legal name of each guest attending our wedding. Therefore, we do need to receive your completed R.S.V.P. ASAP.

2. All non-sailing guests are required to provide photo identification such as a driver’s license or passport in order to board the ship. Children under the age of sixteen must bring a birth certificate.

3. All sailing guests must now have a current U.S. Passport in order to cruise; this is effective after June 1, 2009. Please apply for one now if necessary to avoid rush fees, etc.

4. Carnival says they cannot stress this enough; please arrive at the Port NO LATER THAN 10:30 a.m. There will be a wedding check-in desk and our guests will be given priority boarding as soon as the ship clears customs, which can take up to an hour. There is no food or beverage options until we board the ship so please plan accordingly.

5. Once we are allowed to board, the wedding party will prepare for the ceremony while guests will have the chance to explore the ship. Non-sailing guests will be asked to leave the ship after the reception.

6. Your presence at our wedding is gift enough. However, Carnival has asked us to inform our guests that any gifts brought onboard will be subject to duty fees in accordance with U.S. Customs regulations. If you provide a gift, you may want to consider delivery to our home address.

Please if have any questions you can contact us via email at (our e-mail address) or at (our wedding website)

If you are unable to attend our wedding in person, we ask you to keep us in your thoughts and prayers as you will be in ours. We hope to see you soon!

Love,

Our Names

Once again thank you and sorry it took so long for me to reply.

kwilliams, thank you for your letter, I have been attempting to find a way to ask for personal info, and that is perfect. I will be including this letter with my invitation packet.

You are welcome.. I am posted this on my wedding website for important information, but some of the guests do not have internet so i printed this out and sent with the invitations.

Archived