Mexican Riviera- Things to do in PV/Cabo/Mazatlan?

AnnShh

We're looking at several different cruises, one of which is a mexican riviera cruise with the ports of PV, Cabo, and Mazatlan.

It looks like there is a lot to do in PV and Cabo... but what about Mazatlan?

My brother is really interested in seeing some sort of ruins or something- is there anything like that in either of the ports?

I'm a horseback rider, and would love to do something like that (I know there is that option at each port) but would want to find a ride that allows more experienced riders to do something besides walking. Do either of the ports have a faster paced ride for experienced riders?

We would be with Carnival or Royal Caribbean if we did this cruise- but would probably wouldn't book excursions or tours through the ship.

Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated!!

if there are ruins, they are not widely publicized, which means that any ruins are not worthy.

Seems most places you would go in mexico would be hard to rent a horse with spunk. It would seem that they would not avail it to tourists to keep the injury factor to a minimum. I imagine that an experienced rider could get performance out of the most spunky of the bunch. In mexico, i've seen a horse tender/rider join the group to coral any straying and act as a guide. You could likely arrange most any type ride you wanted, with a guide along.

In mazatlan there is stone island right nearby. We saw no horses for rent when we were there last month; but as I recall, folks here mention the horses.

You take a water taxi to stone island right near the cruise ship. A very popular option for cruisers.

IMG_8388.jpg

IMG_8405.jpg

IMG_8549.jpg

IMG_8437.jpg

IMG_8503.jpg

if there are ruins, they are not widely publicized, which means that any ruins are not worthy.

Seems most places you would go in mexico would be hard to rent a horse with spunk. It would seem that they would not avail it to tourists to keep the injury factor to a minimum. I imagine that an experienced rider could get performance out of the most spunky of the bunch. In mexico, i've seen a horse tender/rider join the group to coral any straying and act as a guide. You could likely arrange most any type ride you wanted, with a guide along.

In mazatlan there is stone island right nearby. We saw no horses for rent when we were there last month; but as I recall, folks here mention the horses.

You take a water taxi to stone island right near the cruise ship. A very popular option for cruisers.

IMG_8388.jpg

IMG_8405.jpg

IMG_8549.jpg

IMG_8437.jpg

IMG_8503.jpg

The last pic in your post...Where is it? What is it called? Looks like cool place to go hang out and have a beer/chips? How was the food?

Thanks in advance

Archived