Holiday Inn Express Convention Center - price drop

odiesam

For those of you sailing out of Fort Lauderdale early April like myself - this hotel has just droppped their rates. I booked this back in January - is is on 17th street - for a AAA rate of $143 and have been watching the price and since then it has been up around $224 a night. The AAA rate is now at $125! It may be worth checking!

This hotel offers free airport shuttle 24 hours which saves us $$. DH is flying in separately at midnight while ds and I are flying earlier in the evening - 2 cab rides from the airport add up. Plus it is walking distance from stores and restaurants.

Have you used them before? It says that they are next to cruise port but nothing about transportation- trying to figure that one out. Right now am at the Candlewood which has airport shuttle as well as cruise port shuttle - both complimentary. It says that it is one block from entrance but it would be a long walk to the dock if I remember correctly. Thanks for the price info - gonna check

If you want a pool the other express in the area has a pool and there is a shuttle to the port - not sure if it is free but the one from the airport is.

I need to find a hotel in the area with airport p/u & shuttle to cruise terminal. I am also looking at the Holiday Inn Express-Convention Ctr for November.

Can anyone give us anymore details on this hotel......or if there is somewhere better in the area?

I am clueless about FLL.....this will be our first trip!!

We have stayed at this Holiday Inn twice. The hotel is clean and in a decent area... walking distance to several restaurants and grocery store. They also have a decent complimentary warm breakfast. They do offer a shuttle service to the cruise port ( it is down the street... but you cant walk there with the security at the port). But, we have found it is better to take a cab... just ask the desk to call you a cab in the morning. We paid about 12 dollars for 3 people with a tip for the cab ride. ( i am not sure how much they charge for the shuttle.. but I am pretty sure the port shuttle is not free).

The only thing not available at this location is a pool. Not too big of a deal.

Archived